I've decided to go down the forged path, I have got this list

K1 Rods http://focus.c-f-m.c...ratec23l-1.aspx
cp pistons
arp main, head and flywheel studs & bolts
valve springs
cosworth head gasket
cosworth main and rod bearings
New valves and valve stem seals

Is there anything else I would need? What compression would be best, I am thinking 9:0:1. I am looking for reliability and the ability to let it rev a bit more. It is currently s/c.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Seems fine although I would try and go as close to the stock CR as possible. The cosworth head gasket is just the same as fords.

Cosworth have been an utter pain lately to get bits off - I have cancelled orders and got another companies stuff instead.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I dont really agree with you Carmine. The gains from ported heads are minimal. Matt, I would add a high flow oil pump to that list as well.

Oh, and I agree with what Si said, waiting for Cosworth parts is not worth it. I ended up get Kings bearings instead from parts-box.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
If you spending that amount on a forged engine and SC or Turbo kit you want the best out of the engine. Ported head may only add a little difference on its own but added to a forged engine spec its worth while. You dont want to start skimping

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
But I read unless your aiming for 500+BHP then a Ported Head Is pretty pointless as they flow well as standard ^

Seem's like you'bve covered just about everything there mate,Should be really Solid & Reliable when It's done

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Must admit, id have loved to have mine ported while it was being rebuilt, but just couldn't justify the cost for the gains, and besides, was working to a budget.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts