Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
I think my first ever post on here was asking about the occasional "thud" especially from front n/s when going over potholes, it used to do it every now and again on the stock springs but upgrading to Eibach Pro-Kit Springs helped, that was nearly 8 years ago, I still get the occasional thud (sounds like the spring is bottoming out) but it's a trait of the car, obviously a more of a knock or creaking sound which gets progressively worse is something else but the occasional thud when going over those unavoidable potholes might just be normal.
Which kit did you get, im looking to replace my suspension too because i keep wearing thumps when going over cobble streets, im inclined to get the Eibach - Bilstein B12 Pro-Kit

Registered
Just replaced mine wishbones due to terrible clunking going over rough surfaces and some drop kerbs. Speeds bumps didn't cause the symptom. I had replaced the inner and outer track rods but this wasn't the issue. It was the ball joint on the wishbone and no noise now. Replaced with Superpro wishbones with poly bushes and they're super tight! :cool: Would definitely recommend and a very good price:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Droplinks were changed and still knocking. Worse on left side pot holes. Oem links were still OK to be honest if a little loose.

Might be worth changing to those pollybushed wishbones and will report back

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wee update. Got the car on a ramp and got the pry bar on the bushes and ball joints etc and all looked solid. Very strange.

After realising whoever done the last mot put the wrong rear springs on I've stuck some eibach pros on all round and it has really improved the ride. There's still a slight knock when hitting some pot holes but doesn't seem as bad now.

Registered
Wee update. Got the car on a ramp and got the pry bar on the bushes and ball joints etc and all looked solid. Very strange.

After realising whoever done the last mot put the wrong rear springs on I've stuck some eibach pros on all round and it has really improved the ride. There's still a slight knock when hitting some pot holes but doesn't seem as bad now.
b12 or b14 eibach pros

21 - 30 of 30 Posts