Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With out going into too much I am basically putting as bigger deposit down as they will except, plus the Ford contribution and discounts means only 16.5k to finance and paying over 2 years with 13k (ish) final payment. Reading the small print in the Gap policy they will fund the difference between what my insurance will pay as in actual value at the time of incident and what is owed to the finance company. But from my reckoning I am not going to be in negative equity by any stretch of the imagination.

Or, and I think this might be the case, am i totally missing the point? I have never thought about it as an option before.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
@Twiddle is it the dealer/Ford GAP policy you are potentially purchasing or a third parties product?

I know it doesn't answer your question, but you may save a couple of hundred quid by getting the same/similar product from a third party like Chris Knott or ALA

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dealer price is 200 and elsewhere 140 but still not sure if it's a benefit under my circumstances.

I always thought it meant they'd make up the difference to the original purchase price so you could replace with a new car of the original purchase value.

but doesn't sound like that now.

·
Vendor
599 Posts
If you look for a combined RTI/Finance GAP product it will pay out up to the higher amount of either the outstanding finance or the Net Invoice Selling Price (whichever is the bigger gap). Chris Knott's GAP cover is this type and provides 3yrs protection - https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/GAP

Alternatively you can buy products that guarantee you can afford a new car even if the price of the model has increased since you bought yours - kind of a GAP+.

best,

Nick

·
<3 Blue
4,172 Posts
With out going into too much I am basically putting as bigger deposit down as they will except, plus the Ford contribution and discounts means only 16.5k to finance and paying over 2 years with 13k (ish) final payment. Reading the small print in the Gap policy they will fund the difference between what my insurance will pay as in actual value at the time of incident and what is owed to the finance company. But from my reckoning I am not going to be in negative equity by any stretch of the imagination.

Or, and I think this might be the case, am i totally missing the point? I have never thought about it as an option before.

Thanks in advance.
For the first time when I bought my RS I had gap insurance. Don't use the dealer one as it'll be too expensive.

Check out Direct Gap or ALA as they are normally very competitive; what you want is return to invoice which will give you the cover you need.

A I

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks I'll take a look at this.

Although it's a 4 month wait 🤦🏻‍♂

·
<3 Blue
4,172 Posts
Although it's a 4 month wait ‍♂
Know what you mean mate.......ordered my ST Focus at the beginning of December!

Heard nothing and the Ford plant where it's built has been shut due to shortages of material since Feb.

Think it's due to restart production next week but there will be loads of Focus models waiting and I can't see the STs getting priority over the bog standard ones.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine is a dealer stock order for one of the last ST Editions so I don't actually know when the order was placed with the factory. Several dealers have said that if the Edition is not already on order it's probably not happening. Sounds like a much more limited run than the 300 coming to the UK.

Might just be dealer flannel tho.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts