Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car serviced and it needed new brake pads and discs. Collected car to find they have damaged an alloy. They checked the video from the service and can't see anything. I know it's them as I'm careful and I checked everything when I dropped the car off. Now I'd be a bit forgiving and think it's an oversight but last year when I collected my car they had scuffed a wheel arch, this they cleaned up and blamed on a customer, they denied all knowledge until I went in and complained. They're going to call in a couple of days with a resolution offer. I'm pretty annoyed, especially as they tried to say that accidents are always reported and dealt with, hmmm yet two years in a row mine haven't!
What would an alloy refurb cost? It's a couple of inch scuff on the inner spoke type bit, just on one. What should I be expecting from them? Needless to say I'm not going to get the car serviced there again.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
If my car goes into the garage I tend to take photos. I had this with VW when they damaged my dash (I sent them the before and after photos to prove it) it was taken back in fixed along with an apology and a bottle of champagne. A refurb is usually around £50.00 a corner depending on the alloys

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
This was on a previous car:

I had an issue with a Ford dealer, where they parked my car in the service road leading to the Service Bay. When I collected the keys, I began to take a look around and inspect the car, only to have 3 members of staff come out and start pressuring me to move the car immediately, because 'you can't park there'. I explained that I didn't park there, and that I wasn't touching the car until I had thoroughly inspected it, which they proceeded to argue about.

I then proceeded to find a new dent on the rear door. When I pointed it out, they showed me the pre-inspection check that they did, which I had signed, 'clearly showing the existing dent'. The 'existing dent' was a small ding from a trolley or something, on the front door, which I already knew about...

I had to go into the dealership and, in front of all the other customers, loudly explain the situation where I was assured that it was 'a mistake'. Even after all of that, including the evidence, it took me 2-3 weeks of emails, CCing in head office, for them to arrange PDR on the dent. No compensation. No apology. No 'gesture of goodwill'.

Since then, I've taken the approach of take videos and pictures of the entire car before dropping it in and I won't leave the place for 10 minutes after getting the keys before doing a thorough inspection on-site.

As a customer, without a wealth of evidence you're always on the back foot. I know it's not just, and that things shouldn't be this way, but unfortunately the only long-term solution is to stop using dealers that you have had bad experiences with, and be paranoid about anyone but you touching your car.

·
Premium Member
2,182 Posts
I've taken the approach of take videos and pictures of the entire car before dropping it in and I won't leave the place for 10 minutes after getting the keys before doing a thorough inspection on-site.
I do this as well, I make sure I've cleaned the car prior, I mention to the person receiving the car that it's my weekend toy, it's got new wheels, new interior, I take it to shows so can you please look after it, I also mention the story that I once took it in for a service and not long after started to receive overspeed notifications to my phone from the cars tracker, which is a complete lie but at least he now knows the car is fitted with a tracker.

Basically I want to prevent a scuff, scratch or problem, I want them to be aware that I know the condition of my car and any damage will be noticed.

I've stopped using dealers after it's 3rd and last Ford Service, so it's usually my local MOT station which I bore. When I dropped car off at PERON HQ for it's Turbo upgrade the manager came out to the car with a clip board and pen and checked all around the car which was good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts