Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My GAZ Golds just arrived and I was planning on installing them this weekend (replacing my AP's).

I noticed that the rear adjusters look like they mount from the bottom of the spring platform (instead of the top like the AP/KW/Weitec kits).
Is anyone else who is running these able to confirm? Pictures of them installed would be super!

I've gone for 300lb front and 200lb rear on their advice for a fast road/track car.
What rates have other gaz owners gone for?

I was going to start them off by running the dampening 15/22 on the front and 15/22 on the rear.

Any other advice people have to share would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Hi,

My GAZ Golds just arrived and I was planning on installing them this weekend (replacing my AP's).

I noticed that the rear adjusters look like they mount from the bottom of the spring platform (instead of the top like the AP/KW/Weitec kits).
Is anyone else who is running these able to confirm? Pictures of them installed would be super!

I've gone for 300lb front and 200lb rear on their advice for a fast road/track car.
What rates have other gaz owners gone for?

I was going to start them off by running the dampening 15/22 on the front and 15/22 on the rear.

Any other advice people have to share would be greatly appreciated!
I have got standard gaz coilovers on st and it does mount at the bottom, don't know what the spring rates are on my car it was just the standard set up. i run 1 1/2 rturns on the front (really hard to count the clicks) and 7 clicks on the rear. car is striped out in the back spo there not as much waight over the back.
got told by gaz to do mine harf way on the front then go up to harf way on the rear but then take it back 2 clicks and the car was way to hard for driving on the road in just bounced all over the road it was bad. so i just started them both at the botttom and worked my way up on both front and back untill it felt right, golds mite be even harder as well because of it been both damping and rebound you adjust

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers,

Got them installed.
Pretty happy with them so far, it's like a different car compared to the AP's!

The rears make sense once you're under there.
I'm waiting to hear back from GAZ about the rear bumpstops, as I've reused the factory ones and they don't seem to allow a great deal of travel.

Still trying to get the fine tuning sorted, I've got them set to 11/22 clicks front and rear (had it 15/22 originally and it was much too crashy for the road).

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Cheers,

Got them installed.
Pretty happy with them so far, it's like a different car compared to the AP's!

The rears make sense once you're under there.
I'm waiting to hear back from GAZ about the rear bumpstops, as I've reused the factory ones and they don't seem to allow a great deal of travel.

Still trying to get the fine tuning sorted, I've got them set to 11/22 clicks front and rear (had it 15/22 originally and it was much too crashy for the road).
Glad you like them a i think they are great for the money, better then the kw's because at least you can adjust the damping on them or like your the rebound as well. where did you get the gold's from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts