Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking under my bonnet 2day and found a small pool of green fluid just bellow the radiator on the left (as standing looking at the front of the car).

My car is an 07 30k miles and is just coming up to its 4 year service so was just having a look around and found this.

Im not very mechanical minded but what fluid is there in the ST that is light green/ yellowy colour.

any ideas what it could be / leaking from???

thx

(very bad photo but thought it might help)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
What colour is your coolant? you can see it in the header tank, big plastic tank with a yellow cap top left of the engine bay

it could be coolant or pas if they've used the wrong colour/type at some stage, have you checked the radiator area for leaks? more commonly it seems the rad pipes split, though if your coolant is pink as expected then I'd doubt it's a coolant leak

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What colour is your coolant? you can see it in the header tank, big plastic tank with a yellow cap top left of the engine bay

it could be coolant or pas if they've used the wrong colour/type at some stage, have you checked the radiator area for leaks? more commonly it seems the rad pipes split, though if your coolant is pink as expected then I'd doubt it's a coolant leak
I checked all the different header tanks and none of the fluid is green/ yellow.

Only thing i think it could be is the A/C as im guessing there is a small radiator for is around there.

Anyone else had this problem??

·
Registered
204 Posts
The a/c radiator is in front of the radiator and contains a green fluid, the inlet and outlet are both on the drivers side so would say its a safe bet thats where its leaking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts