Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi thinking of painting (spraying) my st alloys in gunmetal grey. anyone know the actual color so i can get the paint. also , do i need to use etching primer because the alloys are in quite good condition. another point is should i use clear laquer to finish cheers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Not sure on the first two points but I Iwould imagine you will definately need a laquer coat. To make it shine, easier to clean and protect the paint.
I think a lot of people on here have anthracite coulour wheels saying that.
Sorry couldn't help more!

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I'm not sure on the exact Name/Paint Code of Gunmetal Grey..?

However there's quite a few diffrent Shade's of "Grey" - To name a few there's Ford Graphite Grey,Volvo Grey,Peugeot Graphite Grey,Rover also do a nice Grey colour aswell.Go down to your local Halford's and have a browse at what's Grey's there Is to give you a Idea of the look.

If the Alloy's are In good condition with no major deep sratche's then you should be ok just using a Primer to fill any light mark's In....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not sure on the exact Name/Paint Code of Gunmetal Grey..?

However there's quite a few diffrent Shade's of "Grey" - To name a few there's Ford Graphite Grey,Volvo Grey,Peugeot Graphite Grey,Rover also do a nice Grey colour aswell.Go down to your local Halford's and have a browse at what's Grey's there Is to give you a Idea of the look.

If the Alloy's are In good condition with no major deep sratche's then you should be ok just using a Primer to fill any light mark's In....
yes the alloys are like new, i want to have a very dark grey. do i need to use a heat resistant paint ?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Good shout GL

Any dark Grey will look good mate,There's LOAD'S to choose from so just have a look at a colour chart Etc....

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers boys. the wheels on the white zetec s is the color i had in mind. any idea of the shade etc ? the others are just to dark. my fez is panther black so dont wanna go to black

1 - 12 of 12 Posts