Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need some help in identifying if I have a stock exhaust system or a aftermarket one. I got some pictures altough not that great but good enough.
According to this post The Fiesta ST Mk6 Exhaust System the st150 does not have a resonator right. But mine seems to have so then it probably i aftermarket but I can’t find a matching resonator anywhere so can it be custom built?

Ps. My exhaust has no problem just curious. Also it sounds louder when sending it that I think a stock would. While driving normaly the exhaust can’t really even be heard.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Tread

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
751 Posts
The oem system does have a resonator. At least mine did, and it came off a 2008 bog standard st150.
Your system looks like it has an oem pattern backbox replacement. They usually don't have a slash cut tip like the oem ford backboxes have.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The oem system does have a resonator. At least mine did, and it came off a 2008 bog standard st150.
Your system looks like it has an oem pattern backbox replacement. They usually don't have a slash cut tip like the oem ford backboxes have.
Thanks for the answear. Clears that up. Got abit confused by the post I linked as it didn’t mention a resonator in the standard system.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, you have a standard system. The OEM system does have a resonator, you can see it in the picture of the entire system on the grass in the thread you linked.

View attachment 590994
Thanks for the answer. I didn’t think my system sounded aftermarket but I also couldn’t find a picture of the oem system to see if it really is standard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts