Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello
i was pulling off my drive and something made a hissing nosie and now all the car dose is rev very heigh then you turn the car off then it makes the hissing nosie again

thanks for your time toby

·
Registered
396 Posts
you will need to take it into a garage for somone to actually have a look at the car!

Trying to diagnose the problem with out seeing it is too difficult!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I wouldn't say so, some people may have had this issue before and can come up with a solution.

I'm sure someone can give their input

·
Registered
128 Posts
hello
i was pulling off my drive and something made a hissing nosie and now all the car dose is rev very heigh then you turn the car off then it makes the hissing nosie again

thanks for your time toby
i would say its ither a throtle body problem or 1 of the seals on the inlet manifold has faild and is leting unwanted air in witch would cause the over reving it will probebly be to do with somthing on the inlet manifold any way its worth having a look your self first just to see if there are any obvious things like brake vacume pipe is still on other than that take it o a workshop

·
Registered
777 Posts
Definatley sounds like a vacuum problem, check all hoses for splits and around the inlet manifold as i would say air is entering/exiting and is causing the sound and for the car to bog down as the fueling is wrong

·
Registered
387 Posts
i have this and it comes from the tb think its like a time delay when u turn ur engine off or something or some kind of reset it only does it for a couple of seconds

1 - 6 of 6 Posts