Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys and girls,

Just bought a Fiesta mk7 from auction.

The car is stolen recovered and the keeps displaying "immobiliser malfunction service now". Ive checked all the fuses and relays and they all seem to be fine,however the key isnt an original ford one. All the wiring and obd port seem ok. The only damage to the vehicle was a smashed drivers side window and very minor suspension damage.

Ive tried another battery from my other fiesta and still the same thing happens. If I disconnect the battery for about a hour then reconnect it the error doesn't show and the car is fine yet once I lock and unlock the car the message then gets displayed once I press the start put to turn the ignition on.

I only have one key.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and knows of a possible solution I can try?

1901576826_IMG_8046(1).thumb.jpg.6cfd705

Many Thanks

Daniel

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,662 Posts
Yep if the car is legit then speak to Ford and they may be able to assist. Probably would require some proof of ownership though.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If the car does not start I'd assume the fob is not correctly programmed, door unlocking (on a remote button) is different to it working on the handle and starting the car. If you're using the emergency blade then that indicated the chip in the fob is not matched to the car.

As it was stolen and recovered you need the original keys unpaired otherwise it could disappear again.

A trip to Ford with the necessary paperwork is required.....oh and your credit card.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Have you had a service or anything recently? One of the fuses became dislodged/ removed during a Ford service for me and I got the same message. Had it towed to Ford who promptly just replaced the fuse and all was well...

·
Registered
312 Posts
Definitely check for blown or dislodged fuses in the cabin fusebox (behind glove compartment). You can make the car throw similar kinds of errors (and not start) simply by pulling the right fuses :whistle:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car runs and starts fine just beeps like crazy.

I've checked all relays and fuses and everything is fine, scanned the scan with forscan and comes up with "b10d8-pats less than minimum programmed.

So I've checked the RFA module and everything is fine there. I got a locksmith to program a new key so I then have two thinking this would clear the code and remove the immobiliser fault but it hasn't.

If anyone knows about key programming and PATS is there a chance he's just copied the cloned key effectively giving me another clone hence why forscan is still saying there is one key but they both function and work?

Thanks

Daniel

·
Registered
1 Posts
The car runs and starts fine just beeps like crazy.

I've checked all relays and fuses and everything is fine, scanned the scan with forscan and comes up with "b10d8-pats less than minimum programmed.

So I've checked the RFA module and everything is fine there. I got a locksmith to program a new key so I then have two thinking this would clear the code and remove the immobiliser fault but it hasn't.

If anyone knows about key programming and PATS is there a chance he's just copied the cloned key effectively giving me another clone hence why forscan is still saying there is one key but they both function and work?

Thanks

Daniel
Hi Daniel,

Did you manage to fix this in the end? I'm in the exact same situation (stolen recovered). Have replaced the car battery, checked all lights that they aren't blown & draining the battery, got a second key programmed. If you did manage to fix it in the end, sharing how you fixed it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Daniel,

Did you manage to fix this in the end? I'm in the exact same situation (stolen recovered). Have replaced the car battery, checked all lights that they aren't blown & draining the battery, got a second key programmed. If you did manage to fix it in the end, sharing how you fixed it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt
Hi did you manage to fix the poblem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts