Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - I am considering doing a deal with someone who swears by his vehicle being an ST-2, However after digging around I've realised that it is a Zetec S replicated to look like an ST but does indeed have an ST-2 engine fitted.
I've seen a picture of the engine bay and can confirm it is an ST engine.

VIN is: WF0CXXGAKCEJ64909

The car has done 49k miles and is absolutely mint but does have Zetec and not ST seats but does have the steering wheel and the rest of it.

The car is HPi clear and is a 2014.

Can anyone shed a valuation on this please?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,496 Posts
Personally i wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

It will be difficult to insure correctly

The log book may read incorrectly

It may need an engineers check to get the car reclassified correctly as it’s showing as a 1.0 ecoboost

The shell maybe much older than any ST car ( older than 2013)

It maybe knocked together with stolen parts

·
Super Moderator
23,775 Posts
Echo all the above.

Without the reg, can't be certain, but the pedals are a giveaway. ST's brake and clutch pedal are the same and has a metal throttle.

·
Premium Member
5,723 Posts
Again as above avoid it.
I can't believe someone has replicated an ST and going through all that trouble without cutting corners.
Probably a Zetec with a blown engine then loaded with stolen parts. Just have a look around for a decent ST and enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah the seats are a massive giveaway, also what does the VIN plate say? Because I know mine says ST-3. Don't purchase even if it's cheap! Cheap for a reason

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST200 mk7 Stage 3+ Build
832 Posts
(WF0CXXGAKCEJ64909, LJ64UAM [GB]) Fiesta 2012-2019, 1.0L EcoBoost 120PS/125PS/140PS, Panther Black (Metallic)

100% started life as a 1.0 model, registered with ford etis on that VIN provided, original plate was a 64 plate as above, but looks to be on a different plate at the moment.

As a reference for an ST, mine comes back as:

Fiesta 2012-2019, 1.6L EcoBoost SCTi 160/182PS-Sigma, Storm Grey

·
Premium Member
1,649 Posts
Black ST's are common to be rung, even with 2009 pre-facelift shells, then fit all ST parts to them.

As above, it's a 1.0 litre with parts bolted on. Even has a mis-match of pedals! Early clutch pedal, but other pedals are the updated design in 2014.

I'd hazard a guess that the parts fitted may still have the Ford labels on them. These labels have part of the VIN from the car they came from. Easy way to identify stolen parts. Maybe have a look at the rear axle, drive shafts, gearbox and look for Ford part labels and you should find the last 7 digits of the VIN on them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts