Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

Hope someone can help, over the last few years I have collected an inventory of cleaning products and now I have completely confused myself in how to clean the car, to make this easier I'll list some of them below:

Autoglym:
Bodywork shampoo conditioner
Paintwork renovator
Super resin polish
Active insect remover

Turtlewax:
Black in a flash

Meguiars:
Quik detailer
Clay pack
3 step treatment; paint cleaner, polish, cuenauba wax
Cleaner wax
scratch X2.0
Goldclass car wash
Nxt Gen car wash
'80 speed glaze (new&not used)
'83 d/a cleaner/polish (new&not used)

Poorboys:
Black hole (new&not used)

DAS-6 PRO Dual action polisher (new&not used)
+7" finshing pad
cutting pad
polishing pad

I want to give the car a full detail, but don't know which ones to use?which order? which pads with which products?can i use over the stripes?

Any advise would be great

SI

·
Registered
147 Posts
First off, give the car a wash- AG Shampoo Conditioner, Megs NXT or Gold Class.... your choice of which one you prefer.

Next, use the Megs Clay kit on the whole car.

Then your next stage is polishing. Its really a judgement on how bad the swirls/scratches are to what products you use.

If its not to bad, i'd go with AG Super Resin Polish- you can still use your machine, probs with just a finishing pad.

If its a bit worse then maybe go with '83 d/a cleaner/polish on a polishing pad (step up to cutting pad if still not getting the results), then follow with '80 speed glaze or Black hole on a finishing pad.

Don't forget to mask up any exposed plastics, or you'll get white polish marks on them. I usually put a towel over the windscreen as well.

Then you need to seal with some thing like the Megs waxes you mentioned.

I'm not sure about the stripes. I would have thought they'd be fine, but i'll let someone else confirm it.

Have fun!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Thats sound advise, my concerns was whether the DA would rip the stripes apart or cause scratches, tape over them? or just polish over them? hmmm

SI

·
Registered
147 Posts
I wouldn't have thought they'd rip, and the polisher won't cause any scratches (unless you've got grit on the pads!), but I'd be worried that the stripes may start to fade afterwards- perhaps not after the first polish, but if you kept on doing it.

If nobody replies with an answer before you do it, I would tape up the edges of the stripes and polish round them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts