Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying an inlet manifold. Any recommendations?
Also does anyone now if the mountune inlet manifold will fit a St-150

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Not sure what the last part is trying to get at but the mountune inlet was made for the ST150. Expect to pay around £2k and they don't come up very often

Other options
Cosworth copy £150
Genuine cosworth £700
Fusion fabrication £700 new
Caterham inlet £400 but needs bonnet pins

Personal preference would be fusion fab

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,090 Posts
The TB is clocked 180 degrees. Seen the Caterham inlet talked about as an option for a while but didn't realise anyone had actually done it until recently. This video shows most of the process

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
It has to be ****ed 180... As otherwise it doesn't lineup with the bore of the manifold.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
If you buy one of the newer gen plastic caterham manifolds, then they are already tapped and threaded for both TB options. As you can probably see in that video.

The original cast ones with the right hand kink - need a thread cut just to the side of one of the TB holes (which I think is the same for the cosworth style ones). It's a piece of p to do nonetheless, and I'm sure the cast ones sound better!

Other than that. You need to extend the MAP sensor wiring, and I suspect that it would snag the standard bonnet catch unless you modified the slam pannel. Mine is on aero catches and has the battery relocated so I didn't need to worry.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
If you buy one of the newer gen plastic caterham manifolds, then they are already tapped and threaded for both TB options. As you can probably see in that video.

The original cast ones with the right hand kink - need a thread cut just to the side of one of the TB holes (which I think is the same for the cosworth style ones). It's a piece of p to do nonetheless, and I'm sure the cast ones sound better!

Other than that. You need to extend the MAP sensor wiring, and I suspect that it would snag the standard bonnet catch unless you modified the slam pannel. Mine is on aero catches and has the battery relocated so I didn't need to worry.
Hey Vuples,

Know much about fitting these nice caterham mani's?

·
Premium Member
137 Posts

@Vulpes thanks for the vid, sounds epic!!

So;

That picture was yours, very interesting.

I have got myself a R300 plastic plenum.
Nice and straight

Done Pas relocation

So the problems I face;

Air filter size, looks the normal K&N 57i kit can be done, good to do a CAF from fog to the more enclosed area for the cone I guess.

Catch can, as pcv hose is not going to fit.

So need to get od sizes fro pcv vavle and how ever bigger the inlet hole is.

Bonnet latch, I seen some guy able to keep his, as I rather have my primary system then lockable aerocatches, but as you said you "may need modified the slam panel."

But then maybe the one you had was just that much bigger then mine at that point of contact.

Extending the MAP sensor wiring is a must, I been informed most likely everything will fit then again told it must be done.

Thou as yours was on the far left and mine will be in the middle.

I know what you have/had to what I will be having is somewhat like for like.

Now the big point;

Power/torque.

Gains/losses.

People chatting "oh it's like the MR200 one"

Surely better option then a cosworth one but not as refined as a fusionFabs one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
@Djgalloway

Mines the previous Alloy one, I think both variants were used across the Caterham 360/420 with a 2.0 Duratec.

Just seen your photo... Have you offered up a throttle body to it yet to check fitment? On mine you need to invert the throttle body 180degrees else it doesn't align with the bore of the manifold.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
I fitted one to my MK6 @Djgalloway

What do you need to know?

@Djgalloway

Mines the previous Alloy one, I think both variants were used across the Caterham 360/420 with a 2.0 Duratec.

Just seen your photo... Have you offered up a throttle body to it yet to check fitment? On mine you need to invert the throttle body 180degrees else it doesn't align with the bore of the manifold.
Added more information to that post.

Please see
;)

It will fit I do believe will have to clock it 180°

Attachments

·
Premium Member
169 Posts

@Vulpes thanks for the vid, sounds epic!!

So;

That picture was yours, very interesting.

I have got myself a R300 plastic plenum.
Nice and straight

Done Pas relocation

So the problems I face;

Air filter size, looks the normal K&N 57i kit can be done, good to do a CAF from fog to the more enclosed area for the cone I guess.

Bonnet latch, I seen some guy able to keep his, as I rather have my primary system then lockable aerocatches, but as you said you "may need modified the slam panel."

But then maybe the one you had was just that much bigger then mine at that point of contact.

Extending the MAP sensor wiring is a must, I been informed most likely everything will fit then again told it must be done.

Thou as yours was on the far left and mine will be in the middle.

I know what you have/had to what I will be having is somewhat like for like.

Now the big point;

Power/torque.

Gains/losses.

Surely better option then a cosworth one but not as refined as a fusionFabs one.
Done Pas relocation

So the problems I face;

Mines a K&N. I've run some cold air ducting from the fog light onto the bottom of the filter.
A Catch can is a must anyway... You don't want that hot dirty air being pumped back into the system.
I have a spare PCV valve on the shelf (The orange one) here I can measure if you need the details.
You might be ok.. it just depends on how much clearance there is to the latch with the plastic one.
Yes... Easily done with a soldering iron and some heatshrink, or you can make an extension loom if you can find the various connectors.

Now the big point;

Power/torque.
Unknown
Gains/losses.
Unknown
My car is definitely faster (and louder) after fitting mine. It easily keeps up with cars in the 200bhp catergory such as Clio 200's / Civics / Minis on track, so I don't doubt its in and around the MR200 ballpark
Unknown... But mine cost me £100 not £700 :)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Done Pas relocation

So the problems I face;

Now the big point;

Power/torque.
Unknown
Gains/losses.
Unknown

So filter should be good, and CAF will invest in.

Catch Can - (Picking up said Plenum next week) So will find what hose for that, My PCV hose went finally, Guess all the London traffic stop/start finally the heat got to it. I order a RooseMS one, but saw the Plenum, so if taking off the mani, why not put a new one on there? I need to measure the hose both ends.. only did one side (Was in a rush) was 15mm so the other side might be smaller AN8 10mm will check.

Therefore, Thinking of hooking the can up to the battery tray and do that hopefully it's AN8/AN10 connections.

Hopefully I will be okay with the latch, as maybe the other people I have seen with the setup, just have bonnet pins maybe because they just use it as a track car.

Will look into the loom for the MAP - Hopefully as easy as you say:sneaky:

Faster and Louder - (Mainly would enjoy the indcution sound mostly) that is great!

Well you have helped me alot of this one, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

As there is hardly anything information regarding this, I even talked to that guy in the Video on the post - He was very cool and helpful!

£100 was cheaper I got mine around for £200 - See them go on Facebook for £340/400+

Do you have a post of what you have done to your car, instead of typing it all out again - Would be nice to see what you have done.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
Do you have a post of what you have done to your car, instead of typing it all out again - Would be nice to see what you have done.
Sadly I don't... It's also been built purely for track.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
1 - 20 of 59 Posts