Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 237 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, After a good few years thinking about an ST, I've finally gone an bought 1.

Got it last Thursday and its fantastic, 55000 miles, 1 owner, only damage I've found so far is the o/s/r bumper, which i'm looking to get repaired asap.

I've ordered a full leather interior which should be here next week.

Not planning on doing many mods this year exept short shift gear selector.

Well pleased :cool:
Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Welcome to the ST family 👍

You've only just bought it so it's no reflection on you, but the state of that engine bay is making me twitch. A bit like when head lice get discussed, you know you haven't got 'em but your head itches in sympathy anyway... and I haven't even got any hair 🤣

As horribly dusty as it is I can't help but feel jealous. There's no satisfaction quite like an engine bay clean. Enjoy 😎

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,146 Posts
Looks nice. That engine bay looks like its never been cleaned ever.
Expansion tank looks new (which is good because they crack).
A good blank slate to mint up.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, Keithsson / Jimmy.
Yeah, I'm really pleased with it, been spending the last few days cleaning loads of crap off it, have a feeling I'll b checking out the detailing posts as I've never had a car I was that bothered about before.

Anyway, I found this hose, split, wonder if anyone can tell me what it called and where the tap off ( that goes down ) goes, trying to work out if I can change on the ground or not. THx #
#
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior

Obviously thenote book wasn't a Ford Factory option - :cool:

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
I don't have this generation Fiesta, so this is only an educated guess - given its location, and that it feed into a recess in the bumper, it looks like the air intake hose.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It goes down and up and over the engine and back to where it started
Hi AE3,
THx for the reply but it makes no sense to Me. The hose with the split in it as a tap off (about 25mm dia) with goes down into a big plastic thing ( don;t know what it is ) - I'm trying to find a FORD parts fiche online to check out but can't find anything. ( Whats the best/normal fix for this problem )
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol, ok... cool. JUst had another look at the "air intake resonator box thing" , I cant see if the pipe that goes into it is moulded into it or comes away so I guess I'll just have to rip the car apart tommorrow and find out :cool:

Does anyone know if there is a site you can get ford parts fiches - cause they make this stuff a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
2018 mk8 Fiesta ST-2
553 Posts
The best fix is replace the pipe if you want to keep it standard. The normal or seemingly most common thing is do away with the labyrinth OEM setup and stick an open cone filter in its place

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The best fix is replace the pipe if you want to keep it standard. The normal or seemingly most common thing is do away with the labyrinth OEM setup and stick an open cone filter in its place
Hi Simon / AE3, thx for the replies.

simon, I cant get the link 2 work, get the pictures of the various cars, but thats all it does, I'll keep trying it thx.

AE3, Thx, Is there a benefit to either option ? I do really want to keep the car standard, Am I right to think that the T off that goes down to the "air resonator box" is seperatable (thats not a real word is it ) from the box, so I should be able to do everything from above ( as I don't have access to a ramp atm )

thx for all yor help

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
170 Posts
Car looks sweet, not seen a sliver pre facelift model before so good to see a clean looking example! No point repairing original air intake, go straight for induction kit as stated above and you will be on your first steps to unlocking the engines true potential! Ford purposely restricted these engines to keep insurance lower and the air box was one of them! So a few little mods like this an I am sure you will have an even bigger smile on your face than you do right now :)

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Car looks sweet, not seen a sliver pre facelift model before so good to see a clean looking example! No point repairing original air intake, go straight for induction kit as stated above and you will be on your first steps to unlocking the engines true potential! Ford purposely restricted these engines to keep insurance lower and the air box was one of them! So a few little mods like this an I am sure you will have an even bigger smile on your face than you do right now :)
Hi Jeansy.
Yeah, I admit when I saw the advert I liked the fact that it almost looked like a finesse "he he", I've had a really boring last few days at work with nothing to do but search "ST performance mods", are all induction kits pretty much the same or is there one u would recommend ?

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
Just a point to consider - whilst the piping is, arguably, much of a muchness the filter quality will vary dramatically between known brands and Chinese eBay specials.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just a point to consider - whilst the piping is, arguably, much of a muchness the filter quality will vary dramatically between known brands and Chinese eBay specials.
THx Torque,
I admit I'm a notice to car performance, give me a superbike and i'm ya man. who are " known brands " ?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi AE3,
When u said K&N I thought ok as I've got them in all my bikes but wow what a price!!!!!, I've ordred the ramair system, am I right to think that this gets rid of the resonator box completely ??

1 - 20 of 237 Posts