Fiesta ST Forums banner
201 - 220 of 237 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #201 ·
Hi All,
OK, back to my "crappy manifold", which I know you don't like, but I'm going to fit, and if its as crap as you all say I'll take it off and make something out of it ( using my new TiG welder :ROFLMAO: )

Anyway the question I have is :
After checking out some utube stuff I believe the standard manifold has flaps which I'm assuming are controlled by some kind of servo/motor, my new manifold dosn't have any, so do I just bag up the multiplug to this unit, or as I've had to do on similar systems on bikes, leave it connected electrically, just not mechanically.
On the biles I've done, if you just disconnect it it will bring up a pfi ( fault light) permenantly which is obviously not great.
THx.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
Hi All,
Ok, my TiG welder turned up this afternoon, can't believe how small it is.

Wood Yellow Floor Flooring Shipping box

Plan is to try and make few bits and bobs for the ST, Battery Box, Brackets for the relocated PAS reseviour piping and Brackets for the cold air induction feed.
Done Gas & MiG before so hoping TiG isn;t that much more difficult.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
Hi All,
wonder if you can help with this, been looking at these hoses, but they state they are for a face light Mk6, mines a pre face lift. I messaged the seller asking if they do a pre facelft set but got no reply.

Gesture Font Art Symbol Electric blue

Is there any difference in anxillary pipework between pre and post facelift MK6s, I've fitted an induction kit so the air filter breather one I won't need or:
Does anyone know a decent company that can make just what I need ?
As I'm changing the inlet manifold, the one i'm most interested in is the short one that goes under the manifold ( not sure but may go to egr ??? )
Help.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Hi All,
Ok, my TiG welder turned up this afternoon, can't believe how small it is.

View attachment 584442

Plan is to try and make few bits and bobs for the ST, Battery Box, Brackets for the relocated PAS reseviour piping and Brackets for the cold air induction feed.
Done Gas & MiG before so hoping TiG isn;t that much more difficult.
That looks like an inverter welder like mine.
Which won't weld ali unfortunatly. But correct me if I'm wrong and it is an ac/dc welder.

In which case... Jesus christ that's compact and very very expensive. Ac/dc welders twice that size start at 1.5k, it's the reason I went inverter welder, because I don't have 3 phase power for the cheap ones, or mega money for the 240v ac/dc welders.

See how you get on with the inlet. Just avoid going over 4k too often until it's cammed and mapped. It'll run lean otherwise.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Hi All,
Mr postman bought me goodies :love:

Handwriting Input device Peripheral Font Computer keyboard

As I think I said, I got a quote from Jamsport of £600 to fit cams & remap. work makes it hard getting to Northampton, so had another chat with my local guy who quoted me £150/200 to do the cams, which is more doable just before xmas.
AS I'm really only doing round town driving atm, should I have any concerns with getting the cams done now and then after xmas, when I've done the manifold, getting the MAP sorted out.
I saw Marvs comments about keeping the revs down below 4k which isn't a problem
THx.

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
Hi All,
Mr postman bought me goodies :love:

View attachment 584485

As I think I said, I got a quote from Jamsport of £600 to fit cams & remap. work makes it hard getting to Northampton, so had another chat with my local guy who quoted me £150/200 to do the cams, which is more doable just before xmas.
AS I'm really only doing round town driving atm, should I have any concerns with getting the cams done now and then after xmas, when I've done the manifold, getting the MAP sorted out.
I saw Marvs comments about keeping the revs down below 4k which isn't a problem
THx.
Pretty much mirroring what I said before. It's safe to drive on, just don't go nuts.
If it was a council estate banger I'd say have at it and enjoy yourself. But I believe you have every intention of not leaning the engine out and detonating it from prolonged abuse with inferior mapping.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #209 ·
HI All,
Ok, been doing a lot of homework about my manifold, worked out what I need to blank off
Bought some 4mm ally plate to make up new plate to fix throttle body to and blank off IVAC valve (which is not on the ST)
Got some 10mm ally bar to blank off hole under IVAC valve.
Bought a catch tank, i'm not sure its really nessesary but hey ho:
Light Camera Font Screenshot Camera lens

Finally found a welder to do the mods to the manifold - He's in Banstead, which aint that close to me but he seams ok
Found a place local to me to do the remap, its not rolling road, but they use evolution maps - anyone heard of ??
thx

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
HI All,
Ok, been doing a lot of homework about my manifold, worked out what I need to blank off
Bought some 4mm ally plate to make up new plate to fix throttle body to and blank off IVAC valve (which is not on the ST)
Got some 10mm ally bar to blank off hole under IVAC valve.
Bought a catch tank, i'm not sure its really nessesary but hey ho:
View attachment 584514

Finally found a welder to do the mods to the manifold - He's in Banstead, which aint that close to me but he seams ok
Found a place local to me to do the remap, its not rolling road, but they use evolution maps - anyone heard of ??
thx
Evolution maps do the job. It's not going to be anything awe inspiring, but it's not going to be with a cosworth style inlet.
I think you'll be happy with how it all turns out.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Hi All,
Well the mat brackets havn't shown up :(
But,
Got a call from the place who ordered my BIlstein B8 back in August to say theyve finally arrived and should be sent out tommorrow.
Got a big pile of parts to go on:
Bilstein B8s with eibach springs ( to lower) 30mm
Goodrich Brake hoses
New front plastic inner wings ( dont think thats a good description)
Hoping to get some ST170 front calipers & 300mm discs, but fitting these will wait until I've had them refurbed.
Gonna be busy (y)

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #216 ·
Hi All,
Not done much today as I've got a cold and feel crap :(

Mat brackets arrived

Sleeve Grey Denim Collar Luggage and bags

I apologise for the state of my interior - I'll sort when I feel Better

Kitchen utensil Automotive tire Road surface Gas Automotive design

Even with cheep aftermarket mats they do the job ( not worth £25 though ) 😄

Finally got around to sorting flip key out

Sports equipment Gadget Wood Camera accessory Bumper

The problem with ebay keys is a lot of security companies won't cut ebau blanks. The one I use say its because the blanks are crap and break their cutter, it may well be they want to sell you their blanks
Anyway I went to the shop, only to find out they don't do their own blank, so I cut the plastic off my orginal remote key, ground down and cut a slot and yay, flip key.
I did mess up a bit, as I ground equal amounts off both sides of the key (where it goes into the remote)

Wood Bumper Eyewear Wire stripper Strap

They key shuts, but its not as neat as i'd really like. If I'd only have ground 1 side down it would have shut flush.
Anyway. most importantly, it works (y)

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Hi All,
Found these today

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting

£10 a side, so I thought I'd give them a try, thought i'd spray them gloss red, then use masking fluid over the lettering and then spray silver. May turn out crap but its not a massive outley.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #220 ·
HI All,
I am a very happy bunny today as this arrived : (The unbuilt one)

Blue Pen Musical instrument Writing implement Office supplies

I've had it on back order from BIllstein since start of August, so can now finally get built up and fitted.
Should drop car by approx 30mm, with eibach springs.
Hopefully the weekend will be dry o_O

201 - 220 of 237 Posts