Fiesta ST Forums banner
261 - 280 of 299 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
You should be fine if you have different length tubes. May as well set them up correctly to your lowered position. Otherwise there no point in having adjustable droplinks.
What droplinks are they out of interest?
Hi Marv,
These are the drop links,
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Also you can use the square drive on a 3/8" or 1/4" socket wrench in the gap just to prise it open a little. Poor design though imo
Thx jimmy.
Not sure I've got a screwdriver big enough but @ least I know its worth trying with something else before trying to fit the struts.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
HI All,

Well, the rain stopped, and as I'm getting fed up of looking at the car up on axle stands decided to crack on and strip the o/s hub out.

Used the piston push back tool to lock the n/s caliper piston as theres nothing else on that side.
Then descovered I couldn't get the track rod end undone as the hub was flapping around.
Refitted ish the strut and undid the trackrod end.
Wedged the brake pedal down ( I wish had had a helper ) and tried to undo the hub nut, no good keeps spinning the disc.
Found a random neighbour to press the brake pedal, hub nut off....
Stripped off caliper & disc, removed abs sensor.
CV joint is siezed solid in hub FFS :(. ( went to work)
Phoned a mate (Bus fitter) who has big pullers, he's coming round in morning so hopefully can get off.

Anyway, back from work, painted o/s caliper carrier and outside rim of discs.
Not a very interesting picture, but hopefully the discs will look ok once fitted and the pads have cleaned the swept area

Automotive tire Tire Wheel Rim Alloy wheel

More, fun tommorrow :)

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
You should be fine if you have different length tubes. May as well set them up correctly to your lowered position. Otherwise there no point in having adjustable droplinks.
What droplinks are they out of interest?
Hi Marv,
THese
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Line

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Hi All,

Finally got o/s hub off, traditional wind in puller failed misterably. (n)
Took nearly an hour using hydraulic puller :)
Tommorrow is cleaning hub day, someone @ work suggested using a body repair flapper wheel. I've got a couple so will give it a go

Only other thing I have to do is angle gring the tie bar off the n/s and its put back together time.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
Hi All,

Did the cleaning up of the o/s hub this morning, tbh I was doubtful how good the flapper wheel would be, but how wrong I was, got all the surface rust off the areas I could get to and even removed the rough casting lines.

All painted up now, drying overnight and ready to be refitted in the morning ( weather permitting )

Art Wood Auto part Bicycle part Metal

Bet it rains tommorrow !!!!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #268 ·
Hi All,

Well, I was right, mixture of heavy & drizzle (all day) :( :(
Managed to wedge the hub strut clamps open just enough to fit the struts.
Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle fork

Damage to strut paintwork wasn't me smashing it with a club hammer !!!!

I'll put some paint over it ( can't see many people crawling under the shock to see its black not yellow ) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Run out of suspension stuff I can do off the car now, just left to angle gring the siezed tie rod off and emery clean the cv joint splines

I won't be in a position to do the backs for a couple of weeks, but as I only do about 10 miles a day not massivly concerned.

How long should I leave everything to settle down B4 getting the tracking done and is there any point until the backs are done ?

Thx

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #269 ·
Hi All,

Bought these last night to try out.

Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

What the general consenious ? are they worth the money ?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #270 ·
Hi All,

Its not that I have NO LIFE !!!!, but I'm bored and decided to polish the bottom ballo joint shrouds

Wood Gas Auto part Art Metal
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No, actually I have NO LIFE

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Hi All,

Bought these last night to try out.

View attachment 585339

What the general consenious ? are they worth the money ?
100% worth the money, get the 3rd brake light as well! People need to know you intend to brake and slow down.

I tinted/smoked my lights which makes them less bright to be nicer to peoples pupils but still bright then the standard crap, I would invest in getting all the lights changed. Had most of them for a year plus and all good, thou the right front indicator does like to hyper flash if left on for too long.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #272 ·
100% worth the money, get the 3rd brake light as well! People need to know you intend to brake and slow down.

I tinted/smoked my lights which makes them less bright to be nicer to peoples pupils but still bright then the standard crap, I would invest in getting all the lights changed. Had most of them for a year plus and all good, thou the right front indicator does like to hyper flash if left on for too long.
Hi blk-yell,
cheers, been thinking about doing the indicators as well,
only conern - when I've changed from bulbs to leds on bikes i've had to change relay as well or the indicators flash too fast, is that a problem on cars.
thx

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Most of the time it's fine, canbus system so pretty much plug and play. But your best before getting the bulbs to get some facelift lights for the car.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #274 ·

Hi blk-yell,
can't see a centre brake light on the autobeam site.

·
Premium Member
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
353 Posts
Hi All,

Well, I was right, mixture of heavy & drizzle (all day) :( :(
Managed to wedge the hub strut clamps open just enough to fit the struts.
View attachment 585338

Damage to strut paintwork wasn't me smashing it with a club hammer !!!!

I'll put some paint over it ( can't see many people crawling under the shock to see its black not yellow ) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Run out of suspension stuff I can do off the car now, just left to angle gring the siezed tie rod off and emery clean the cv joint splines

I won't be in a position to do the backs for a couple of weeks, but as I only do about 10 miles a day not massivly concerned.

How long should I leave everything to settle down B4 getting the tracking done and is there any point until the backs are done ?

Thx
The rear shouldn't make a difference to alignment. Unless the rear beam has been removed in the past and not realigned.
If it were me, I'd do the rear 1st before getting alignment.
You're in no rush.

The rears take circa an hour to fit start to end. 2x 10mm on strut top and a single 15mm on the beam (per side).

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #278 ·
The rear shouldn't make a difference to alignment. Unless the rear beam has been removed in the past and not realigned.
If it were me, I'd do the rear 1st before getting alignment.
You're in no rush.

The rears take circa an hour to fit start to end. 2x 10mm on strut top and a single 15mm on the beam (per side).
Cheers Marv,
I'm dubious about an hour, as everything on this car appears to be siezed solid :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts

HI blk-yell
I'm confused - arnt the standard 3rd brake lights already LED
View attachment 585372
or were you meaning something else
Hahahha 2004 and ford using LEDs bulbs. never! Its some wedge bulb in there, I just got a 2nd hand 3rd brake light as well, as mine had seen better days.

I have all auto beams rear and front lights, when they have 30% off then get them. But the after sales service is non existent.

261 - 280 of 299 Posts