·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
Hi All,

Bonded the tweeter housings in place on the A pillar covers

Table Wood Bicycle part Grey Natural material

Had hoped just to spray the tweeter housing moondust silver, but in a few places the boding puttly has reacted with the plastic, so will probably spray both covers

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #562 ·
Hi All,

Havn't had a chance to do much, with work and waiting for bits to arrive, but made a start working out where to put the hole for the amp power feed through the headwall.
Room to go through and come out just the side of the box in the engine bat with all the pipes going to it, I'm guessing ABS unit ?
Was thinking of trying to go through the existing grommet, but by drilling a new hole and using compression fitting, I can make up the cable off the car (y)

Think i've settled on a place to mount the isolating switch
Audio equipment Electrical wiring Computer hardware Auto part Machine

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
Hi All,

Finally got round to stripping down and painting the new rear calipers today.

But wait, I hear you saying, why are you stripping down new calipers ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I got then uber cheep, as the handbrake cable brackets had been manufactured the wrong size, so when I change them I'll be using the brackets from the old calipers.

White Automotive tire Bicycle part Automotive wheel system Font

Came out really well, I must say it felt kind of strange spraying silver calipers with silver paint, but I want the OEM look and now they are painted hopefully will look better for longer

Sprayed up the modified A piller covers .

Helmet Automotive exterior Grass Wood Bumper

show in the picture, but I'm not happy with it, so bought a flocking kit

Liquid Table Product Fluid Computer keyboard
Dosn't really

Its called "stone" and is the nearest match to the OEM plastic I could find.
Just need to do some more filling round the tweeter housings then I can spray them moondust silver, mask up and then its flocking time.
Never done this before so hopefully it goes ok, if anyones done it - all tips welcome.

😁

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #564 ·
Hi All,

Been buying more "stuff"

New front rad deflector

Office supplies Office equipment Automotive exterior Writing implement Cable

Had so much work on recently havn't had any time to get over to Marv to pick up his old one so had to bite the bullet and get from Ford

Whatever this is called ( mines broken )

Product Musical instrument accessory Rectangle Automotive exterior Font

At some point the car had a slight rear end shunt, nothing too bad but it cracked the rear bumper mounting point and smashed this grille ( which is behing the rear bumper on the o/s )

Maxton front splitter

Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting Grille

Got the front bumper off so now is a good time to fit a splitter 😁

I've finally got three weeks off work in a weeks time, so hopefully the weather holds and I can get this car back on the road

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #566 ·
Hi All,

Bits arrived 😁

Front Rad Deflector fitted, not the hardest job in the world
Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Brickwork Gas

maxton Splitter arrived
Bumper Wood Natural material Composite material Automotive exterior

I was going to post about being outraged that there were no bolts included, until I checked the packaging again and found the packet - eeeeek.

But its not 100% clear from the instructions ( and I don't want to phone Poland ) - Do I take the original rubbing strip off the bottom of my bumper before fitting ?

I think I do, just wanted to make sure

THX

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #567 ·
Hi All,

Well, finally my leave has started so have 3 whole weeks to get the car sorted.

Sprayed up the new front calipers

Bicycle part Auto part Machine Metal Titanium

Fitted the front parking sensors

Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

wanted a kind of OEM look, so followed the lines of the fog light appeture up, mounted 38mm down from the bumper line to miss the metal bumper, got to extend the wiring to get into the glovebox where the control unit will be mounted.

Got a roadtrip planned on thursday to Birmingham to pick up rear axle ( which I'll refurnb and fit powerflex bushes ) prior to fitting with new backplates, spacers and calipers
New bonnet as mine has crease along front edge.

seen this which I like the look of:

Automotive lighting Bicycle part Camera accessory Material property Font

Only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that it pulls air from the original air inlet on the slam panel which is pretty small

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #570 ·
Would be better with some cold air feeds into the air box like the Mountune CAIS
Hi Jimmy,
yeah I'd love a mountune one, but they are geting like hens teeth - be interested what the mountune CAIS looks like under the plastic top shroud.
This one looks nice, but its basically just an ally dustbin with a pipe attached :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #571 ·
Hi All,

Well, after speaking to ford this afternoon, it appears the bearing I need for my gearbox rebuild has been discontinued 😢

But, think I've found a supplier

Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

(y)

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #572 ·
Hi All,

Went on a little shopping trip this morning to Birmingham

Came back with ;
Plant Rectangle Road surface Grass Asphalt

"new" bonnet (without crease in front) £30.

Plant Grave Grass Gas Font

Replacement slam panel, as I'm 90% sure im going with the Caterham inlet manifold I'll have to cut down the panel where the lock goes so thought it might be an idea to have a spare.
Typical as when I was looking I couldn't find a second hand diffuser anywhere, so got a new one. This panels got 1 in perfect condition !!! ( £30 )

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Grass Bicycle part Musical instrument

Rear Axle, needs a fair bit of cleaning up, but then so does the one on my car, so I can refurb it off the car with new powerflex bushes, axle spacers, new disc shrouds, calipers & handbrake cable and then just bolt on ( £70 ).
Never realised how heavy they are :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #573 ·
Well,

In between the rain drops managed to strip most of the axle.

Plant Wood Grass Groundcover Tool

Managed to only shear 2 bolts ( both going into the hubs ) Hopefully once they are clamped into the bench vice with some heat I can get them out ( fingers x'd )

Insect Grey Snout Moths and butterflies Arthropod

Was really hoping to have the whole axle stripped apart tonight, but the swingarm bolts are seized solid, I'll take an angle grinder to them tommorrow and use the puller to get the old bushes out.

Wood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Security Grass

Looking on the Ford parts fiche, but can't find these anywhere, they hold the hanbrake cable in place ( any ideas )

thx

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #575 ·
Hi All,

Well, today started as an epic fail, then turned out ok

Tried using the puller to get the swingarm bushes out - epic fail. metal sleeve that should push against the bush outer sleeve is too big and just clamps against the axle 😢

Gave up, went and bought a rediculously expensive blow lamp to get the sheared bolts out of the hubs - epic fail stuck tight :cry:

Managed to smash the abs sensors off and with a bit more room, freed off the mounting bolts (y)

As the carrier mounting bolts again didn't move with heat, ground heads off and removed, i've got new ones so don't need, I'll try and get the bolts out later - they will be nice as spares.

Got the drill out to get the sheared hub bolts out, most times I try this it ends in failure but yay, both sheared bits out, ran M10 tap down threads to clean up - happy dayz

loose fit

Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part

561 - 576 of 576 Posts