·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #862 ·
Hi All,

Spent some time today making some brackets for the pas oil cooler

Grille Wood Line Font Bumper

Reasonably happy with it. tbh the only imp[ortant bit is the black braket with the 2 off 8mm bolts going through it as thats what will be welded to the bumper.

The bit of wood is just to space the cooler out slightly from the rad, and the reason I havn't done the other side is I ran out of 8mm nuts

Al

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #863 ·
Hi All,

Found some more 8mm nuts, so finally all done

Wood Audio equipment Font Grille Gas

I'm hoping the welding goes ok, and if it does, thinking of making up some additional strenthening plates.
Fingers x#d for wednesday when I get the welding done and pick up my ST sandblasted callipers for the zetec

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #864 ·
Hi All,

Well, I went to the welders this morning, hoping to get the brackets attached to the bumper, but luckily he was too busy to do it today, as when I got home and started building up the plastic around the bottom of the main rad, the oil cooler was too low.

Luckily all it needed as to turn the brackets ( which will be welded to the bumper ) around and it fits fine

Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle Gas Rolling stock

Plastic overbumper fits, and nothing comes down under the bottom line of the front splitter

:)

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #866 ·
Hi All,

The welder arrived this morning, PAS cooler brackets now firmly attached to the bumper iron.

Furniture Grille Wood Outdoor bench Bumper

Modified the top brackets, cleaned up and sprayed.

Ready to go back on

Wood Road surface Wall Table Brick

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #867 ·
Hi All,

Getting a bit frustrated at lack of progress with the ST over the last few months, its been off the road for nearly 6 months now so need to get my finger out !!!

Bought a new section of loom to sort out the injector wiring ( only7 £15 )

Bicycle handlebar Gas Auto part Audio equipment Technology

Was holding off sending the injectors away until I'd sorted the wiring, but its been 2 months since I paid for them so gonna get them packaged up and sent off and sort wiring when they come back.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #868 ·
Hi All,

Well, I had a rethink as the loom is holding me up getting the coolant piping/manifold/front of car built up.
So I held onto the injectors another week.
Loom arrived this afternoon, stripped and made up leads
Wood Automotive tire Electric blue Glove Soil

This is the point where I confess to missing the fact that one of the plugs was broken :eek:

I'll strip that one down tommorrow, got plenty of spare cases, so replace, refit fuel rail/injectors and connect up loom - then I can send injectors away

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #869 ·
Hi All,

Well, changing this injector plug wasn't as straightforward as I'd hoped. - I've got the picks to release the connector lugs, but they were not budging, so cut the plastic casing off to release the connectors and they slid into the replacement plug surround.

So now I have all 4 injector plugs, which lock into injectors (y)

Cable Electric blue Wood Wire Composite material

Hoping it dosn't rain tommorrow so I can get injector rail built up and finish the loom

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #870 ·
Hi All,

Well, all set up for tommorrow.... not sure if I was doing anything wrong, but I can't get the injectors to seat properly, not bothered as they would have to come out again to be sent for recon, but is there a knack to getting them in ?
I fitted all 4 to the rail, is it easier to fit seperatly to the head and then attach the rail ?

Anyway, I'm happy as I've just checked and the cables for each injector plug are the same colour as my original wiring loom, not that it would have really mattered, but hey ho, small pleasures...

Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Electrical wiring

Please don't rain tommorrow

·
Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
647 Posts
Hi All,

Well, all set up for tommorrow.... not sure if I was doing anything wrong, but I can't get the injectors to seat properly, not bothered as they would have to come out again to be sent for recon, but is there a knack to getting them in ?
I fitted all 4 to the rail, is it easier to fit seperatly to the head and then attach the rail ?

Anyway, I'm happy as I've just checked and the cables for each injector plug are the same colour as my original wiring loom, not that it would have really mattered, but hey ho, small pleasures...

View attachment 589514

Please don't rain tommorrow
Use a grease on the o rings and in the cavity they sit in. Just a fine wipe. Rubber grease is ideal. But all purpose grease will do if its all you have.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #873 ·
Hi All,

Well, it dosn;t look impressive but happy with the progress made today.

All the injector earths are re connected, just need to do the common live

Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas Auto part

Got loads of spare wire, as its a bit catch 22, to get all the wiring looking good I need to fit the manifold, but if I fit the manifold I can't get to anything. Sure I can loose all the spare wire in the loom and make it look prittier.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #874 ·
Hi All,

As I'm still in the middle of building the new ST box with LSD, I was interested in a suggestion made by Vulpes to use the output shaft and crownwheel from her burnt 1.25 zetec

I know I'll loose top end, but as the car lives in LOndon thats no big deal.

Started pulling the zetec apart this afternoon.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
647 Posts
Hi All,

As I'm still in the middle of building the new ST box with LSD, I was interested in a suggestion made by Vulpes to use the output shaft and crownwheel from her burnt 1.25 zetec

I know I'll loose top end, but as the car lives in LOndon thats no big deal.

Started pulling the zetec apart this afternoon.

View attachment 589540
I am a big fan of this. The top end loss is negligent considering its license eating speed.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #877 ·
Hi All,

Today was suposed to be a continue stripping the zetec day, but I did something to my back yesterday and am not crawling around under cars today 😢

Anyway, hopefully this is a quick answer question.

I noticed the old zetec (03) has seat belt height adjusters fitted to the b post cover

Car Wheel Plant Vehicle Hood

Neither the ST or Zetec S have these, should they be interchangable

The parts fiche shows 2 pt numbers (pre 2004 & post, so I'm guessing Ford stopped including this option for the later cars )

Any ideas ?

THx Al

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #878 ·
Hi All,

I thought I was being a bit lightweight bailing out just because of a bit of back pain, so chucked wheels on the ST to get my axle stands back and now the zetec is in the air
Stripped out pretty much everything across the top of the gearbox except PAS line and slave cylinder line ( might have a go @ those later )

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior

Now, this is where I need some help cause I've never taken a gearbox out before

This is my plan ( please let me know if I've made a big mistake ) or overlooked something

Loosen all the bell housing bolts
Remove the n/s drivshaft - I'm thinking that the o/s driveshaft is held in place by the clamp so when the box is pulled to n/s, it should come out
remove the rear engine mount ( with jack under the engine )
Remove the bell housing bolts
undo the gearbox mount
lower the engine/gearbox - I've got enough wood that I can pack under the engine
Remove jack, reposition under gearbox
Wrestle gearbox free

Many thanks - Al

861 - 880 of 886 Posts