Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm about to do a first service and the owner's manual says 6.1 litres of fresh oil is required when the oil and filter is replaced. This means that I need to buy a 5 litre and two 1 litre bottles of 5W20 oil.

Is this correct or will I get away with just a 5 litre bottle?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
The early 2018 cars need less oil, but the revised spec 2019 cars need 6.1. If you are doing it yourself, stick 5 in then check the dipstick but i am sure it will be just over 6 needed.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Quite a bit of oil for a small engine, I done an oil change on my mother's car which has BMWs 1.5L 3 cylinder and it was just under 4 litres... It also has an electronic dipstick which is daft.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I just noticed that under camshaft drive that document states it's a belt in oil - I thought these engines were chain driven?
Hey mate, I was/am pretty sure these engines are like the 1.0l ecoboosts where their belts are in oil.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Quite a bit of oil for a small engine, I done an oil change on my mother's car which has BMWs 1.5L 3 cylinder and it was just under 4 litres... It also has an electronic dipstick which is daft.
I checked the oil level on a Fiat 500 yesterday, it took me about 5 minutes to find the dipstick, it is attached to the oil filler cap :laughing:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I checked the oil level on a Fiat 500 yesterday, it took me about 5 minutes to find the dipstick, it is attached to the oil filler cap :laughing:
Yep I remember when the Mrs first got her fiat 500 and thinking the same thought maybe it was digital in a sub menu somewhere.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Yep I remember when the Mrs first got her fiat 500 and thinking the same thought maybe it was digital in a sub menu somewhere.
I won't say how long i have owned the Fiat, but i was determined not to look in the owners manual. Another thing with them is trying to get the petrol cap off, it is a complete nightmare, i had to drive back to the dealer when i first bought it to get them to show me, i still get nervous every time i go to fill it up :laughing:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I won't say how long i have owned the Fiat, but i was determined not to look in the owners manual. Another thing with them is trying to get the petrol cap off, it is a complete nightmare, i had to drive back to the dealer when i first bought it to get them to show me, i still get nervous every time i go to fill it up :laughing:
For this reason my Mrs doesn't fill up her own car as she can't undo the petrol cap. There is a nack to it I'm used to it now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow only had my Fiesta since March and haven't looked on the app about oil capacity.

3 cyl 1.5ltr taking nearly as much as my 5cyl 2.5ltr Focus MK2 RS at 6.5ltr

Not long ago I did a oil and filter on the RS and the Castrol oil from Ford spare was over £100

Attachments

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Ive just changed the oil and filter on the the ST .

Genuine filter and 5L of the expensive Castrol Magnatec 5W-20 was £40 from Ebay (inc P&P) .

6L plus a bit more went in to get the level half way up the stick.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
regarding about the "change engine oil soon" coming on the dash, just had the car serviced and it's just come on, it's not on my car but a family members mk8 Fiesta though still. Any way of getting rid of it without going to the stealers? i heard about pressing the brake and clutch at the same time or is there a setting on the menu screen?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Resetting the 'oil life' can be done manually through the dashboard settings.

Just scroll through the vehicle settings menu until 'oil life' then hold down the 'OK' button to reset the oil to 100%... in the same way you do on the main settings for reseting the trip counter.

I had to do this myself after mine was serviced and the garage didn't reset it 🙄

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Resetting the 'oil life' can be done manually through the dashboard settings.

Just scroll through the vehicle settings menu until 'oil life' then hold down the 'OK' button to reset the oil to 100%... in the same way you do on the main settings for reseting the trip counter.

I had to do this myself after mine was serviced and the garage didn't reset it 🙄
awesome thank you very much, i havn't looked myself but i'l pass on the message

1 - 19 of 19 Posts