Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have just bought myself a new pipercross exhaust manifold and was woundering what are they like to change? Any advice/ guilds would be very helpful
cheers
dan

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Hey mate.

They a few different ways of doing it but I find this way the best.

Jack the car up at the front and put two axle stands under the car so both wheels are in the air and the cars safe.then unbolt the cat from the flexi and unbolt the top part of the flexi which is bolted to the manifold..get that out the way then get a jack under your engine to support the weight,left hand side of the cam cover where you timing chain is there is a engine mount it's is next to the coolent bottle and pas bottle.undo that which will free you some movement.of course the jack being there will support it.once undone you can jack the engine up or lower it and pull it to the slam panel which will give you room to take unbolt the old manifold and fit the new one.You won't need the flexi no more.the manifold goes up to you cat/de cat/sport cat.

You may need to extend your sensor wire depending on where the sensor is on the manifold.

If you get stuck or this don't make sense just holla and I will do the best I can to help.

Lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply Lee, that is brillant help. Maybe its me but what is the slam panel?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
No worries mate,it's the piece of I think it's a hard plastic that runs across the front of your engine bay..the bonnect catch is on it...plus your head lights screw to it..

It's makes a huge difference the manifold.have you got a de cat or cat back too?

Lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only have the manifold at the moment. im not sure on the de cat or cat back. i dont wanna have to keep changing exhaust over for MOT. but ive heard u can get a CAT pipe or sumthing so you swop it with the CAT, Is that true or am i talking crap lol would prefare the de cat thou

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Well save up and get a decat and at back..will be worth it!

De cat is fine but it won't pass an mot so will need to swap it over mot time.easy to do..unbolt from the manifold and it has a slip ' push together join' for the cat back to the de cat so just use exhaust paste and push it together clamp it and bolt the cat upto the manifold.

Prob 45mins work,sport cats are awesome too well worth the cash..

Lee

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
You'd be better off with a sports cat as there'll be no pre-MOT hassle with swapping parts and also your car will remain road legal.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Top tip - if you still struggle getting the manifold threaded in even with the engine dropped on it's mounts - remove the scuttle panel. It's not half as difficult as it looks, but makes the whole thing lot's easier.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
^^^ rite on time.

Was just about to say ask ricky as he knows an easy way to fit it. Wen i get round to it gonna get him to help (cough.. do mine lol)

Matt

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Thats the problem mate, its gonna be a few months now as got the house so have gutted it and started from scratch with it, so prob gonna be july/august before we are in. By then i might as well wait til sept until warrenty up.

Will keep you updated.

Matt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Most manufactures say the manifold slides in from the top once the mountings are off i found this a load of rubish and it went in a hell of alot easyier from underneath, dont no about anyone else on here but i found it alot easyier with 2 people and me and a mate had the new one on in about 45 mins.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
^^^ rite on time.

Was just about to say ask ricky as he knows an easy way to fit it. Wen i get round to it gonna get him to help (cough.. do mine lol)

Matt
Whenever your ready mate...

[/quote]

Do you do fittings? How much would a full sports cat, manifold and muffled (quiet back box) cost?

Also what are the best makes?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
for a full exhaust with a sport cat your looking at £900 ish....

mongoose,miltek,piper,magnex are the most used i believe..ive had both mongoose and miltek..

lee

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
for a full exhaust with a sport cat your looking at £900 ish....

mongoose,miltek,piper,magnex are the most used i believe..ive had both mongoose and miltek..

lee
Thanks Lee
Would I notice much of a difference with just the miltek manifold and standard exhaust?
I have a miltek flexi
Mountune CAIS
60mm throttle body

Where's the best / cheapest place to buy?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
for the best results,go for the decat system till you can afford a sport cat....

you will feel a nice jump in power,response,feeling more revvy...

lee

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
for the best results,go for the decat system till you can afford a sport cat....

you will feel a nice jump in power,response,feeling more revvy...

lee
you will feel a nice jump in power,response,feeling more revvy..

Is that just from the manifold?
I can only afford one or the other should I get a manifold or a back box and sports cat? Thanks

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
if you can then...stretch for a decat too....leave the cat back for a while..the gains are in the manifold and de cat...

will work well with the standard cat back for now mate..

lee

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fitted the manifold today wasnt to bad todo, take bout 2hours in all. That's for all the help guys. Got another question thou. Wanna get a cat back in couple weeks does it jus bolt to the cat? And is it worth getting a sports cat?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts