Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always fasten my seat belt - if I don't, I just feel like something is missing. Unfortunately my friends don't want to fasten their seat belt when we go for a ride or fasten it when they hear the seat belt alarm. I don't like the annoying sound and it is possible to diseable it easily. It is better than using a seat belt alarm stopper or a fake seat belt buckle. This just turn the alarm sound off, the seat belt light will still blink if you and/or your passenger don't fasten your seat belt.

- Turn the ignition on.
- Sitting on driver seat, fasten and relase the seat belt 5 times.
- Seat belt light will blink. It means the alarm is diseabled.
- Repeat sitting on the passenger seat.

To enable seat belt alarm again, just repeat these steps

·
Super Moderator
24,125 Posts
You are aware that the way your post is written, this would insinuate breaking UK laws - i.e. driving a vehicle when passengers aren't wearing their seatbelt...

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I always fasten my seat belt - if I don't, I just feel like something is missing. Unfortunately my friends don't want to fasten their seat belt when we go for a ride or fasten it when they hear the seat belt alarm. I don't like the annoying sound and it is possible to diseable it easily. It is better than using a seat belt alarm stopper or a fake seat belt buckle. This just turn the alarm sound off, the seat belt light will still blink if you and/or your passenger don't fasten your seat belt.

- Turn the ignition on.
- Sitting on driver seat, fasten and relase the seat belt 5 times.
- Seat belt light will blink. It means the alarm is diseabled.
- Repeat sitting on the passenger seat.

To enable seat belt alarm again, just repeat these steps
Try theses steps.

- You get in.
- Put your seatbelt on.
- Start car.
- They get in.
- You tell them to put the seatbelt on or start walking.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I thought the UK law was that it's the passenger's responsibility not the driver's? (presuming that his friends would be adults and not children)
Absolutely correct, its the passengers responsibility and they receive the fine if caught not wearing without an exemption. The driver is responsible for himself and any passengers under 14.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.