Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I vinyl wrapped my OEM wheels for Ford Fair as I was looking for something to do on the cheap that would give the car a slightly more custom look.

Done totally DIY, I think the finished article is pretty cool. Picture below of them on the car and a video of how it's done!

Cheers,

Jonny

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Attachments

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Hi all,

I vinyl wrapped my OEM wheels for Ford Fair as I was looking for something to do on the cheap that would give the car a slightly more custom look.

Done totally DIY, I think the finished article is pretty cool. Picture below of them on the car and a video of how it's done!

Cheers,

Jonny

FordFair2019-4.jpg

Jonny, youre car is looking so on point! 👌🏼 Love the way its now sitting. Keep those vids coming mate. 👍🏻

· Registered
330 Posts
Good on you trying something a bit different. I've not watched the video, so you may cover this question in the video.

Is there any problem with vinyl wrapping a part which does get to increased temperatures on a "spirited" drive? Or is this something you just did for Ford Fair display purposes only?

· Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good on you trying something a bit different. I've not watched the video, so you may cover this question in the video.

Is there any problem with vinyl wrapping a part which does get to increased temperatures on a "spirited" drive? Or is this something you just did for Ford Fair display purposes only?
It did two track sessions at Ford Fair with no issues. You apply a significant amount of heat to the wrap in order to apply it, so I doubt there's much of an issue there. I think the biggest issue long term will be how the wheels are cleaned as I'm not sure how it will respond to wheel cleaners.

I did it for the show, but I want to see how long it'll last - a bit of an experiment for me. It's an 8 year vinyl, but presumably that's on body panels and not wheels! We'll see :)

Car is looking good, Johnny. Converting me a little to the rear end too... :ghey:
Thanks mate! :nice:

Didn't think I was going to like the look of the gold, but you've changed my mind Jonny - looks really smart!
Cheers! It's not a crazy vibrant gold which is nice. I wasn't sure when I ordered it (ordered online) but looks much nicer in the flesh than it did in the computer generated swatch :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.