Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl i have a humming sound when i start my car and wont go off for about 2 min sounds like a motor runnig. also had a mesage come up to day saying
(problem with engine check engine manual) it was running really lump. had to turn engine of and back on and was fine.
any help would be great

Thanks ppl

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
if that humming sound doesn't go off until around 2 minutes after you've switched ignition off then its the throttle body and makes that sound for idle

second problem, it happens sometimes, if it happens often then get the car checked out otherwise forget about it

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if that humming sound doesn't go off until around 2 minutes after you've switched ignition off then its the throttle body and makes that sound for idle

second problem, it happens sometimes, if it happens often then get the car checked out otherwise forget about it
thanks bud it happens when engine starts aswell think i will get it checked out.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i know its bad to do but take your airbox off so that the inside of the throttle body is open, turn your car on then off, you will see and hear the throttle body as it "twitches "
mine was doing this so i took it off and gave it all a really good clean and it doesnt do it now and it idles well,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts