Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from collecting my brand new Frozen White MK8 ST3 with LED light option. I live near Norwich and picked it up from Hungerford (CarWow deal) so had a nice 180 mile drive and ...

I LOVE IT - What a car. Better than I ever hoped. :love: Totally worth the 5 month wait. I obeyed the general run in rules of no constant revs and don't go to high in the revs etc. Can't wait until I can use the full beast. I now totally understand all the things you guys say. I feel I am part of an exclusive community now. (y)(y)(y)

Got home and spent 20 mins very carefully removing bugs before they baked on.

On Tuesday it goes for it's ceramic coating. Gyeon 2 year protection.

Pics tomorrow if anyone is interested.

I am going outside now to look at it some more.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congratulations, and enjoy!
Given the current circumstances, I hope the Dealer gave you a full tank!
I was quite worried about getting fuel. I arrived in Hungerford the night before and stayed in a hotel. I drove past 2 stations in Hungerford, 1 was closed and the other had a huge queue. Luckily the morning I got the car the closed one was open with a tiny queue. Full tank straight away and no need to worry.

Anyway here are a few pics of my new pride and joy :)

They aren't the best but I am no photographer lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting observation. Your left speaker doesn't appear to have the B&O logo?
Pretty sure you have B&O because I can see the center speaker and it's a ST3, so just curious if they've removed the logo from the grills or maybe it's a small flaw with your build?

Either way, car looks great! The darker headlights are nice.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Didnt know my sep 2019 has those, just been out to check and it does.
Maybe the parts bin is getting empty?

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
They do indeed, 🧐
Interesting observation. Your left speaker doesn't appear to have the B&O logo?
Pretty sure you have B&O because I can see the center speaker and it's a ST3, so just curious if they've removed the logo from the grills or maybe it's a small flaw with your build?

Either way, car looks great! The darker headlights are nice.
The central speaker has the B&O logo but I don't think the other speakers do. I will have a look tomorrow as I aren't sure. It does definitely have the B&O system though. Oh and it sounds pretty good as well!

Quick edit - No logo on those speakers. Only on the central one on top of the dash. I also noticed yesterday that the exhaust tips are slightly thinner than earlier versions. Not sure but I also think they look a little larger. You can see in the pictures. I guess some little details change as time goes on. Maybe these are parts that will go on the facelift.

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
The central speaker has the B&O logo but I don't think the other speakers do. I will have a look tomorrow as I aren't sure. It does definitely have the B&O system though. Oh and it sounds pretty good as well!

Quick edit - No logo on those speakers. Only on the central one on top of the dash. I also noticed yesterday that the exhaust tips are slightly thinner than earlier versions. Not sure but I also think they look a little larger. You can see in the pictures. I guess some little details change as time goes on. Maybe these are parts that will go on the facelift.
The exhaust and tips were revised in Sept’2020 I believe. I don’t know if the tips are any wider, but rather just a slash cut instead of the rolled tip. There are a few threads on the details lurking about somewhere 🤙

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The exhaust and tips were revised in Sept’2020 I believe. I don’t know if the tips are any wider, but rather just a slash cut instead of the rolled tip. There are a few threads on the details lurking about somewhere 🤙
Ah I see. Thanks for that. I wasn’t aware.

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
154 Posts
Things changed:
  • B&O logo has disappeared on speaker panels
  • No more carbon look trim around the shifter and the little carbon look cover plate behind the SYNC3 has gone aswell
  • No more painted Intercooler

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
Things changed:
  • B&O logo has disappeared on speaker panels
  • No more carbon look trim around the shifter and the little carbon look cover plate behind the SYNC3 has gone aswell
  • No more painted Intercooler
Mine was an early car and it never had a painted intercooler o_O. I dont want to rub it in but man this shortage of everything sucks. We can be happy we even get any speakers at all at this rate. All these little things changing, taken away without even saying anything about it on the brochures etc. I was angry about the fact that they changed the MK7 ST to ST200 specs without telling about it but his is going way deeper when you cant be certain of anything on whats in the car and what is not and what has changed.

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
154 Posts
I already retrofitted those carobn look trim around the shifter and other parts are here aswell, just need to live without the B&O logo on the speaker panels

·
Registered
Tesla Model 3 Performance MY2021
3,088 Posts
I already retrofitted those carobn look trim around the shifter and other parts are here aswell, just need to live without the B&O logo on the speaker panels
Would be interesting to open up the doors and see if the speaker elements are exactly the same and not a downgrade. They already did that once with MK7 (downgraded the speakers in later cars) so why not do it again. I dont know, I could live with the looks, the seats etc but I just hate this taking away things that you had in earlier cars pre FL. I mean later car or FL is supposed to give you more, not to take it away from you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Would be interesting to open up the doors and see if the speaker elements are exactly the same and not a downgrade. They already did that once with MK7 (downgraded the speakers in later cars) so why not do it again. I dont know, I could live with the looks, the seats etc but I just hate this taking away things that you had in earlier cars pre FL. I mean later car or FL is supposed to give you more, not to take it away from you.
The door speakers were never B&O anyway so it's more honest to leave them without a logo.
There's a thread somewhere where someone has pictures of the speakers and the speakers are stamped with a Ford logo. I remember noticing that the Ford website has very careful language in the marketing material for the system too - they never mention that the speakers are actually B&O but more that the system is B&O tuned and things like that, which implies that B&O might have been more involved in the design and tuning of the soundsystem as opposed to actually supplying higher quality components.

Fwiw - I'm not sure if the center speaker or subwoofer are actually genuine B&O parts. They could be but I doubt it.

The soundsystem is pretty decent in my opinion for a small, relatively cheap car, but it uses standard cheap speaker drivers and in that regard it's a bit of a scam.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts