Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
The door speakers were never B&O anyway so it's more honest to leave them without a logo.
There's a thread somewhere where someone has pictures of the speakers and the speakers are stamped with a Ford logo. I remember noticing that the Ford website has very careful language in the marketing material for the system too - they never mention that the speakers are actually B&O but more that the system is B&O tuned and things like that, which implies that B&O might have been more involved in the design and tuning of the soundsystem as opposed to actually supplying higher quality components.

Fwiw - I'm not sure if the center speaker or subwoofer are actually genuine B&O parts. They could be but I doubt it.

The soundsystem is pretty decent in my opinion for a small, relatively cheap car, but it uses standard cheap speaker drivers and in that regard it's a bit of a scam.
So you are saying the speakers in the doors for a Ford Fiesta have a Ford Pt No on them how weird?

·
Premium Member
1,016 Posts
I can confirm they are ford badged parts. B&o were used in the development, design and testing.
I changed my speakers for focal as range, much improved sound.

·
Registered
17 Posts
So you are saying the speakers in the doors for a Ford Fiesta have a Ford Pt No on them how weird?
I actually said Ford logo, not part number, and yes, it is weird [to see a ford logo], as one would expect B&O speakers with the B&O upgrade they paid for.

In comparison, the B&O systems in Audi cars are genuine B&O speakers with B&O logos stamped onto the drivers.

Having detected a hint of sarcasm in your reply and assuming you've missed the point: Most Fiesta owners with the B&O upgrade, rightfully believe that they have B&O speakers, and it makes it worse that the speaker enclosures are even branded with B&O decals. This fact makes it particularly misleading and dishonest that they are not.

A side note too: The marketed wattage rating of these speakers of 675watts is misleading nonsense too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can confirm they are ford badged parts. B&o were used in the development, design and testing.
I changed my speakers for focal as range, much improved sound.
Great post, thanks!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Great post, thanks!
So as above, made under licence/guidance etc?

Pretty MUCH every part on a Ford car has a ford stamp/pt no if it will fit, Sony head units also had ford/visteon all over them, these were too built under license and only had a Sony Badge on the front.

My wife had a mini a few years back with a Bose upgrade and I never removed the speakers but the Sub had plenty of Bose branding but was stamped with BMW/mini pt no too.

I don't think there is anything particularly misleading, its a system designed and set-up by B&O to their exact specification and standards otherwise they would never allow their branding in the first place, I cant remember what B&O call this range? but its designed for mass market and not the audio purists its pretty decent but easily improved on.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts