Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
hi guys if your not aware ive had some trouble with my bearing on my front left wheel, here is what has happened so far

about 3 months ago i had the bad bearing noise while driving home one night like a whirring noise so i booked it in at a local garage they did the job and noise was gone, a few weeks later i painted my calipers and noticed i had play in the wheel also a sign of a bad bearing, i contacted the garage again and got it booked in and they rang me to say the bearing seemed ok but it has play and they didnt know why, after 3 days then rang me again to say its because the bearing is a patent part and not a ford one so they fitted a ford one and all was good until the other day, my abs light came on and again i sent it back to the garage because i checked the voltages on both front abs sensor and the left side gave a lower volt readings then the right so both abs sensors worked fine on the drivers wheel with no issues, i have just now got a call saying that the bearing again is fine but it has moved 2mm inside the hub which has cuased the abs ring to move away from the sensor, is this a bearing fault ie wrong size bearing or has the hub got wear on it and i need a new hub and flange ? thanks for any feedback

1 - 2 of 2 Posts