Fiesta ST Forums banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I may as well chuck up the link to have the flashing works in video form. This video is taken with a different tune to the pics above, this tune has the timing locked (which is fine for my current setup). So instead just dialling in some more fuel.

[video=youtube_share;3vLeL4clba4]

I’ve bumped the fuel up a bit more as the LT and ST fuel trim values were still showing that additional fuel was being added as “normal”. Post enrichment it’s running much stronger in the mid-range and throttle response is generally better.

Is this the best way to tune? No. But it’s an incredibly cost effective way to optimise things.

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,111 Posts
So while playing with kill-deathly spring compressors I had completely failed to fully tighten the strut top nut.
🤦
If it makes you feel any better I have done exactly the same thing. It was a Megane but luckily they tightened up fine with an impact driver via the engine bay while the car was on the ground. I would have been tempted to hit the top nuts with an impact gun removing the scuttle if necessary.
At least it was a fairly easy fix!

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Yeah I had checked the three nuts holding the strut tops to the bodywork a few times. When I changed the strut tops onto the shocks I’d used brand new nyloc nuts etc and obviously I just didn’t get that last turn.

It’s a “no harm done” thing but also a valuable reminder to always do a proper bolt check especially on suspension stuff.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Had some more stuff turn up for the standalone loom job.

The big win was the PATS Key Reader connectors that I was waiting for from the UK, somehow Farnell/Element14/DigiKey etc all only had stock in the UK.

So this was quickly crimped up onto the matching factory wire colour/gauge ready for incorporation into the recipients dash loom.

Then out with the wiring for the Accelerator pedal unit. Again match the factory colours and gauges.

The objective for me is to always make the end result OEM as possible.

Lastly make the COP sub-loom. This pretty much just parallels coils 1-4 and 2-3 and will still let the ECU first them as in waste-spark config. The resistance of the parallel coils is very similar to the resistance of the pair coil in the Fiesta style block coil.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·

Pics above are after a quick wash and top-up of the coating with Reload. I’ve also finally relented and used the Mr Black (aka dye) on the mirror bases and roof rail strips.

The Eibachs make it a touch lower than it was on the coilovers. A lot nicer to drive though and I think that will only get better when I do the shocks. With a **** week of weather expected I may pull the cluster out and finally do the blue LED backlighting.

61 - 65 of 65 Posts