Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Hi there peeps

The story started for me all the way back in April 2005 when i purchased my shiny new fiesta ST with a whooping 7 whole miles on the clock!
The plan was to have it for a year or so and swap it in for a focus ST, due to issues with the order and a lot of mucking my about from ford this didn't happen, definitely for the best!
Unfortunately the only regret i have to date is the fact i didn't back-up any of my photos of the ST, so when my pc died i lost everything!

After 2 years and nothing changed on the ST bar a personalized number plate, i thought something must be done.

On went a K&N air filter and some eibach 35mm springs, loved it. the car felt more sturdy through the corners and the filter allowing the engine to rev more freely, with a noticeable power increase at top revs

This was shortly followed by a piper 4-1 manifold and a full mongoose system (no cat)

Early 2008 i fell ill and spent nearly 2 months in hospital, i needed a pick me up, so while a was eating away on all those delicious grapes that had been bought in for me, my dad comes in with what i now believe to be the most expensive fast ford mag i have ever read! flicking through something caught my eye
SUPERCHARGED FIESTA ST
My fate was sealed

April 2008 supercharger bought and fitted, i believe i was the first 'pre-facelift', or Original ST as I call it, which resulted in a few mapping issues, but all was sorted and
i had 222bhp, power was unreal, but just not enough, so on with an intercooler and a remap, 247bhp, that's more like it.

Anyway I'm rambling
More mods have been done since then, but progress had stopped due to me buying a house and sorting it out top to bottom
Its time for me to get back to the car so i thought i would start this thread to inform you all of the progress of upgrading and restoring (over 6 years of stone chips etc) my ST.

Mods so far;
tinted windows
black side stripes
powder coated black wheels
300mm brake upgrade
braided brake hoses
eibach springs
stage 2 IB5 with Quaife diff
2.5 SC kit
cams
cosworth inlet
magnicor plug leads
full miltek 2.5 inch exhaust (no cat)
full silicon hose kit

Mods to come;
full poly bush set
front RS splitter
rear anti roll bar
12.5mm spacers
front end respray
some powder coating
Mtx75 gearbox conversion
just for the start of it!

Any comments or suggestions welcome

some pics as it stands today

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice
I look forward to see'ing some upgrade's.

What this Stage 2 IB5 all about though..?Anymore Info..?
Stage 2 IB5 is what i received on the invoice when i sent the box away to be built, it just sounds good

The work done inside the box is Quaife LSD, uprated bearings, and all the gears shot peened, to give them some more strength.
my standard box decided it didn't want its diff any more so had it rebuilt so hopefully to not have a repeat.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a company called gearbox man. I cant remember exact cost of it, around £15-1600, but i also needed a casing cos i blew a hole in the old one! I cant fault it, I'm now running 300bhp and its still in one piece!
Maybe its overkill but didn't want to have the trouble of doing it again

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jesus - looking at those prices you should have come to me sooner lol

Some great plans and a cracking car there mate.

Si
Tell me about it! this is going back 3 years and i couldn't find a casing anywhere, second hand boxes were still good money.
I had asked around about putting an mtx75 in but nowhere had done it, or knew what it would involve
whats done is done.

And i ll be speaking to you soon

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok little update on the gearbox price, after finding the paperwork it was actually a lot less, price included paddle clutch, and a set of ARP rod bolts, 2 mods i forgot about!

On to business

Been getting the card out recently

couple of bits arrived sorry for the poor pic quality

Brown Font Publication Packaging and labeling Carmine

full set of powerflex bushes

and

Vision care Human body Eyelash Wood Tints and shades

RS front splitter

more things to come

just need to give to garage a good clean out and make room to get about the fittng!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
You must be the longest owner of a charged fez then? People seem to have the charger put on, then let the car go not long after for some reason. Ive had mine charged over 18 fun months now.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You must be the longest owner of a charged fez then? People seem to have the charger put on, then let the car go not long after for some reason. Ive had mine charged over 18 fun months now.
It would be interesting to know, i dont intend to get rid of it either, all that will happen is it will get faster!

Its great fun as you know, bit of heartache along the way but worth it every time you get behind the wheel!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great write up-great car!! Hope you feeling better to!
Much better now thank you

Couple more things to add to the 'To Do' list

£6.98 delivered i just had to get, leather gator with blue stitching

Sleeve Triangle Tints and shades Electric blue Fashion accessory

and

Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread Wood

I have tried many tyres over the years these Paradas are my favorite

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I managed to find a spare 5 minutes (few hours) today, i have stripped out the rear beam, front lower arms and anti roll bar bushes.

The rear beam has been sent away for powder coating so will have to wait for that to come back before it can be reassembled and poly bushes put in. Poly bushes are being fitted all round, reason for stripping out front arms.

front bumper and the bonnet have been removed and are ready to be sprayed

Also found the rear pads are pretty much shot so new ones of those will be going in while I'm at it, only standard for now cos i can get them really cheap

I will get some pics up when it all goes back together

1 - 20 of 289 Posts