Fiesta ST Forums banner
241 - 260 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Good updates and nice pics

Are you keeping your A/C?
Thanks, im trying to take pictures as much as I can.

Yeah in trying my hardest to keep the a/c, so far so good. The car isnt a track car, although it might venture out on track once or twice, so the weight loss is not really an advantage over being nice and cool on those hot days (the days I will want to takei t out)

·
Registered
526 Posts
Just think, boost and air con... Winning :D aha
What are you doing about the diff and clutch etc? If your going to run a extra 100bhp or what not surely it wouldn't behave the correct ways to keep the power down?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·
Just think, boost and air con... Winning :D aha
What are you doing about the diff and clutch etc? If your going to run a extra 100bhp or what not surely it wouldn't behave the correct ways to keep the power down?
The gearbox is the partly to blame for wanting more power! I did have a paddle clutch and ib5 with shot peened gears, uprated bearings and LSD. I have now switched over to a mtx box with LSD (and another paddle clutch to suit), as the box is a lot stronger I thought why not make the most of it and up the power! lol
Its only going to be about 50-60 more bhp, but close to 150 ftlbs more torque, and thats what breaks stuff.

As for getting the power down, I have a gone for a ecu that has a lot of potential. Boost will be altered by gear, and it has a traction control system that sounds like it will work well. I also have some R888 tyres if it gets bad lol

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·
Bit more done, clutch pipe, gear cables all finally finished off.
Got my new coolant hoses, very quick delivery for those.
And its finally starting to look like a car again!!

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Automotive exterior

Still a fair bit to do, and space in the bay, well there just isnt any lol. But its getting there, which is the main thing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #247 ·
Well my list of things to do is now down to 1 sheet of A4 lol

Front end looking a little..... cooler

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Grille

And a rough Idea of what the engine bay will look like

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Auto part

Last few pipes and clips now ordered. I need to sort a oil catch can, but the engine bay is basically finished all except wiring, exciting times.
With the last few pipes fitted I can get the front end back on for the first time in what feels like forever!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #249 ·
Looking great mate - i do think the cooler is too far forward though mate and you will have a pain sorting the bumper out.
It barely sticks out any further than the last IC i had fitted. I think it may be an illusion of the picture, its flat up against the a/c rad.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
Managed to quickly fit the bumper last night, no problems with clearanc,. but it does sit a little low meaning a slight gap above it. No big deal, something to fettle with once back on the road (getting it running being the main goal at this time)

Where the last IC was fitted the front grill/trim was chopped about leaving some nasty gaps and cut outs, so the plan is to get a new front grill and try to fit it, giving it a standard look rathar than having the IC on show.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #254 ·
I dont know what make the intercooler is to be honest, but it seems to be of a decent quality up to some that ive seen, so ill use it and see how it performs

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #257 ·
Yeah began life on your car dave, as with most of the kit. Ive needed to make a few minor tweaks to get it fitting nicely on the 2.0 rather than the 2.3, that 10mm or so makes quite a bit of difference!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #260 ·
Need more updates
haha!
Haha sorry, unfortunately its taken a bit of a backwards step. The oil cooler location is extremely tight with everything in place, so its in pieces again to find a more friendly home. It does fit where it is and should be ok, but with the engine twisting with the torque and not knowing how much it twists, it might create an issue. So will try to avoid it being one from the beginning.
While its apart I may just sort out the IC location as well, its just bugging me rather than being a problem.
Ill try and get some pics up when I get chance.

241 - 260 of 289 Posts