Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 439 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
HI everyone, I've had my ST since June last year and I thinkit's about time I wrote my own project thread. I really enjoy reading otherprojects so I just hope everyone will enjoy reading mine.

I picked up my Coloradored ST 26[sup]th[/sup] of June 2010 it was completely standard with just sidestripes.

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Automotive parking light

Here is proof it is big enough to take it camping lol

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

I kept it standard for around 3 months just so I could saveup some cash to buy some new bits and bobs. After watching a few video's on youtube I decided to get an exhaust. I read several threads on the owners clubabout improvements from having the flexi pipe so I thought I mite as well getone with my cat back.

I went to team torquesteer to look for an exhaust, I chose amongoose with the 3.5 inch rolled out tip, I was supposed to take deliverywithin 1 week but it didn't come so I got straight in touch with them and theygot it all sorted and I got a free de-cat as well BONUS.

The new Mongoose exhaust.

Tool Wood Serveware Metal Fashion accessory

At the same time as the exhaust I also bought myself aK&N for the extra noise and BHP a definite must have for anyone if you askme.

As for most things I got the exhaust on and I was reallypleased for about a month, I was still enjoy giving the car a boot full andhearing the noise but I needed to do something new to the car.

It was a big decision time, go cheap and get springs or paythe extra money and get coilovers. After a couple of days thinking I came tothe conclusion that if im going to do it I may as well do it properly, out camethe wallet and along came the KW variant 1 inox coilovers.

What a difference they make the handling is greatly improvedand the ride is firmed up would defiantly advise anyone to get these.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Coupled with front and rear strut braces I don't think thereis much more I need to do to the handling, obviously if anyone knows ofanything else that improves the handling please do say.

I have more recently been trying to improve the look of thecar. I have added bonnet spacers which I have machined down to make themslightly smaller than the ones you can buy. I also painted al my plasticsblack, I did this myself and I did an ok job but I am going to have it doneprofessionally in the near future ready for ford fair this year.

The car so far:

De-striped
Mongoose cat back
Miltek manifold
Miltek sports cat
KW variant 1 coilovers
Gloss black plastics
K&N induction kit
OMP front strut brace
Rear strut brace
Gloss black Oz superturismo (lime green decal)

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

I have a set of silicone hoses and brembo brakes to go on in the near future i just need to find time to get it all done. i will update when ive managed to get these things done.

As usual comments and criticism welcome just go easy lol.

Jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys,

Yes Lee, I had a custom centre pipe made for it with no silencer. Sounds so good I got an advisory for noise on my mot lol,

Think I'm going for a bit more grunt after I get the brakes on.

Jamie

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Forgot to mention, I have a full set of polybushes to go on aswell, already done the engine mount.
Just got to find time to do the rest like everything else

Jamie

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
looking good jamie, sits just right on your new wheels.

bushes are my favourite mod. much improved feel and handling.

Dave

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick update;

Hopefully this weekend I should be putting my brembo's on, about time I've had them for like 6 month lol.
I will post up pictures when I've done and a few whilst doing it,

I will be heat wrapping my exhaust in the next week when I do the rear beam bushes, that way I can try and do it in one go, will get the pics of the bushes and the finished wrap.

Fingers crossed it all goes well lol

Jamie

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rite its time for a semi sized update with a few pics

ive decided to go down the route of turbo ST. i will be replacing the standerd duratec engine with a rebuilt forged unit that im currently building or should i say storing loads and loads of parts for and not doin great deal with. i bought the engine second hand from a garage that had removed it. it had been run for several miles with next to no oil so has incurred some damage, light scorring on the crank so i will be having the crank re-ground and custom bearings made. other than that it should be ok and when finished up to the task.

Gas Tool Machine Auto part Engineering Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive engine gasket Automotive exterior Automotive design

since i last updated though i have fitted a set of brembos and a cosworth inlet

Green Vertebrate Creative arts Input device Font

i had these on for ford fair this year and i did go out on track with them, all i can say is they work very well indeed. not a very expensive brake upgrade but does the job.
i have also swapped my full leather interior for a set of cobra buckets and 3 point harnesses, very good for the track and fast road driving but a tad uncomfortable on a long run.

finally like i said im making a new engine to take a turbo so i managed to snap up the turbo kit that ultrav was selling and as soon as it arrived i got the itchy fingers so i really cant wait to get it on and up and running

Electrical wiring Wood Bumper Bicycle handlebar Cable

i will upload a few more pics when i take them this weekend.

comments and criticism welcome

Jamie

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think im gunna run the standerd ecu if i can for a short while when i first get it up and running then swap it to cable and an aftermarket ecu when it goes in for propre mapping.

Jamie

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
whatt you got?
im gunna start looking at them when ive finished building the engine i think as im still a fair way away from finishing that.

jamie

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've got a GEMS EM36ACT waiting to go on my car. Will do anything you'd ever want on a turbo ST, plus a whole lot more. Not the cheapest by all means, but for what it can do its a bargain really. The list of features is silly and if there's anything it doesn't do that you want it to, there's four custom tables that can be assigned to any combination of input signal and outputted in any form you like. And if that still doesn't cover what you want you ring John Armitage at GEMS and he'll make any hardware/software changes you like

For example, I bought mine second hand and I ran the serial number by John and he told me that it was previously owned by Audi, used on a hydrogen prototype and had a full custom firmware designed for it..

Although its a brand that most people haven't heard of, theres a hell of a lot of ecus out there that owe a lot to gems. Ome, for example, are actually really old gems hardware. AEM's boards are designed by gems with many features remove etc..

Here's the full spec

I should add to that, it will run drive by wire with no issues, so no need to mess about converting to cable

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
some interesting gear on there, way out of budget for the time been though. got to get the prioritys rite and get it built lol

will have to do some research into them and see whats what as ive never really bothered going that far with a car, first time for everything lol.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
There's a lot of choice out there mate! Especially if you were to ditch DBW, as there's very few that'll run it.

When you're closer to the time, give me a shout, I may be able to help you make a decision.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I definatly will do mate thanks for the help, you arnt too far from me either, who is doing all your work for you?

Jamie

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i'll be tackling whatever i can myself, but whatever there is that needs doing professionally (wiring, mapping etc) is all being done by Will at RDT in Doncaster.

1 - 20 of 439 Posts