Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having had a quantum tuning map, IMAP device with the hyper R cams map. I was questioned was that the best my car could do, I went for a power run to see what it was doing and it's probably best to say due to my Caterham inlet the maps wasn't doing the best they could, hence needing a custom map.

I made 181hp on the DS Newman's hyper R+ - but it does state on their site, 4-2-1 manifold, race cat etc.. to be honest the car felt the best it had ever been and was fun to drive, after this. Jamie believed that the Inlet was hinding more performance and needed a custom remap to sort out many tables to get it spot on.

Not going to lie, for the money it could be 5/9hp more but could drive much better was thinking, ahhh I'm okay. I'm happy, but then thought okay, I have a 200ps spec car I want 200ps!

So giving the greenlight to Jamie to go ahead, some time past and a few runs later, it's hit 201ps - 198hp the curve was much much better and sounded more powerful.

Then had a 2hr drive back to Kent, and yes the car is soo much better!! Really happy, after spending £100's on mapping, I am very happy that it was the final piece to the puzzle and it's made the car feel amazing all over again!

Big shout out to Jamie and all of Jamsport!

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
224 Posts
Glad to hear they done a fantastic job on it for you! I was planning to give them a call next week and get my ST150 in for a remap. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Glad to hear they done a fantastic job on it for you! I was planning to give them a call next week and get my ST150 in for a remap. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?
Hey Jeansy,

I was getting my timing chain done and some other work, and spent over £1k on the day.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dom... Are you saying you're on the standard exhaust manifold? How many miles on that motor?

Would be great to see the printout and the torque if you have it.
Hahahah, not at all. The Milltek Evo2 4-1 is what I have, a gem for £200 back in 2017 for a slightly used one off some nice guy in Tottenham. That goes with the custom sports cat and custom back box!!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Technology

All to see, I'm happy! Jamsport did a great job! Plus found out some things that where wrong with the car and with the timing chain replacement the engine feels strong.

I went there with it misfiring and sounding like it had enough and was on it way out, it left there like it just won the world title!

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,182 Posts
Nice, I had a Jamsport map prior to fitting the FF inlet and then went and got it mapped at DS but it felt better on the Jamsport I think I should have stuck with it really

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
224 Posts
That's a lovely looking graph you have there! Must be very pleased with the results. I gave jamsport a call yesterday for a quote. Getting new wheels and tyres next month and 60mm TB arrived today so will get booked in for April hopefully!

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's a lovely looking graph you have there! Must be very pleased with the results. I gave jamsport a call yesterday for a quote. Getting new wheels and tyres next month and 60mm TB arrived today so will get booked in for April hopefully!
I am it's really really good! The car is really quick, I now question the tyres and brakes!! Did you get a nice quote, did you give them the DMO discount code? you going for 16"'s? 60mm new, old or copy?

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
224 Posts
DMO discount? Was only a quick call for the price, quoted me £450. Going for 17s and I believe its a copy as cost me £60. What brake set up you got then?

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
DMO discount? Was only a quick call for the price, quoted me £450. Going for 17s and I believe its a copy as cost me £60. What brake set up you got then?
Was an #DMO inside joke, aint no discount code for JS!! £450 is the going rate, 17s are okay, if i did not spend out on the tyres would have got 16s and had a bigger side wall! I was thinking is the TB worth it, at £30 odd and it's worked all this time, it's a known power upgrade without hard evidence that is easily acessible! I got the ST170 brakes as can be seen in @Thatfrozenfez video where he did the rear! but running some OE pads. Normal driving is fine, just as it's cold out there at the mo it's not the best for last second braking!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
224 Posts
Was an #DMO inside joke, aint no discount code for JS!! £450 is the going rate, 17s are okay, if i did not spend out on the tyres would have got 16s and had a bigger side wall! I was thinking is the TB worth it, at £30 odd and it's worked all this time, it's a known power upgrade without hard evidence that is easily acessible! I got the ST170 brakes as can be seen in @Thatfrozenfez video where he did the rear! but running some OE pads. Normal driving is fine, just as it's cold out there at the mo it's not the best for last second braking!
Arh now I feel like a fool for not knowing the joke!! 🤪
Seen that video those brakes look slick! I thought I would get the TB and see what's it's like, obviously not expecting much in gains but I'm not going down the cams and inlet route so it's a cheap mod lol
Going 17s purely for the look plus I like how much car it's lowered and 16s might ruin that for me...

Going for these
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Product Tread

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Arh now I feel like a fool for not knowing the joke!! 🤪
Seen that video those brakes look slick! I thought I would get the TB and see what's it's like, obviously not expecting much in gains but I'm not going down the cams and inlet route so it's a cheap mod lol
Going 17s purely for the look plus I like how much car it's lowered and 16s might ruin that for me...
Yes looks wise, 17"s do look great and those alloys look amazing!! Those are the stock tyres, they are very firm and are run flats, mine lasted about 12k - A great tyre lots of grip for a summer tyre. But I have cheaped out on tyres for the last 10 of them with Landsails but now they are not looking at cheap was £150 for 4 some years ago and now it's £200

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
224 Posts
Yes looks wise, 17"s do look great and those alloys look amazing!! Those are the stock tyres, they are very firm and are run flats, mine lasted about 12k - A great tyre lots of grip for a summer tyre. But I have cheaped out on tyres for the last 10 of them with Landsails but now they are not looking at cheap was £150 for 4 some years ago and now it's £200
Oh they not a good Pirelli tyre then? I could stretch another £100 or so for the PS4s but be close to a grand in total. 12 miles would suit me as only drive it about twice a week being a home worker lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts