Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Oh they not a good Pirelli tyre then? I could stretch another £100 or so for the PS4s but be close to a grand in total. 12 miles would suit me as only drive it about twice a week being a home worker lol
It's not that they are not good, just they were my first fully brand new tyres, always got a used tyre before when needed. It was amazing compared to the budget rubbish the car came with. But then I got some Landsails after my set of the p zeros and to be honest cannot fault them, I got all that I got from Nero's just not run flats, which is somewhat of a life saver! But price wise £450 fitted to £180 fitted and they last longer and still got that grip, now even at 200spec they are really good! There are PS5s out now.. if you want the best tyre go for it, if you just want to something that good and much cheaper than landsails are the one, there are cheaper tyres out there trus I had them a long time ago.. I thought the car was powerful when I first got because it would wheel spin going around corners...nope it was powerful it's because the past owner couldn't care about their safety or running costs. You better off saving the money and spending it on premium fuel such as Esso E0, a brake fluid change, alignment or using the fiestaSToc CP discount on a torque mount.

·
Premium Member
2006 ST150
224 Posts
It's not that they are not good, just they were my first fully brand new tyres, always got a used tyre before when needed. It was amazing compared to the budget rubbish the car came with. But then I got some Landsails after my set of the p zeros and to be honest cannot fault them, I got all that I got from Nero's just not run flats, which is somewhat of a life saver! But price wise £450 fitted to £180 fitted and they last longer and still got that grip, now even at 200spec they are really good! There are PS5s out now.. if you want the best tyre go for it, if you just want to something that good and much cheaper than landsails are the one, there are cheaper tyres out there trus I had them a long time ago.. I thought the car was powerful when I first got because it would wheel spin going around corners...nope it was powerful it's because the past owner couldn't care about their safety or running costs. You better off saving the money and spending it on premium fuel such as Esso E0, a brake fluid change, alignment or using the fiestaSToc CP discount on a torque mount.
All good points! I had PS4s on the front until someone got mine and my dad's tyres last month! Replaced them with 2 tyres that were £70 each (had no choice but to go cheaper) and they are the worse tyres I've ever had! Completely ruined the ride literally have 0 faith in them. Slightest bit of damp on the road and wheels spin up through 2nd gear!
I'll give the Pirelli's ago, as not a bad price for the wheel and tyre combo

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
529 Posts
Oh they not a good Pirelli tyre then? I could stretch another £100 or so for the PS4s but be close to a grand in total. 12 miles would suit me as only drive it about twice a week being a home worker lol
Hi Jeansy, you should get more than 12 miles out of a set of tyres :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
353 Posts
I saw jamsport post. Funny how they forgot to mention that the previous tune was a generic flash map and not a cutom tune.

Believe it or not, it's how they formed a bandwagon many years ago.

Glad your motors running spot on now. It sounded great.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Thanks Marv!

Yeah I guess even though it was the Fiesta ST150 Hyper Race+ (Ph2 Cams) map from Dreamscience that was once custom and then tweaked on some cars for it to go live to the public, then becomes a generic map. Guess my inlet & setup didn't make the most out of it.

Yes it was so loud, happy as!

·
Premium Member
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,182 Posts
Always fun seeing your car at full throttle while stood next to it!

Not sure if you posted it already but how much was the map btw?

·
Premium Member
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
353 Posts
Thanks Marv!

Yeah I guess even though it was the Fiesta ST150 Hyper Race+ (Ph2 Cams) map from Dreamscience that was once custom and then tweaked on some cars for it to go live to the public, then becomes a generic map. Guess my inlet & setup didn't make the most out of it.

Yes it was so loud, happy as!
That map wasn't made for your setup. That's the be all and end all. It was made for a cammed st150 using the standard variable volume inlet.
Whereas you are using a Caterham static volume inlet with a different volume altogether.
The car will run, but it'll never be anywhere close to running right.

A generic map is just that, generic. It leaves meat on the bone to work on all st150's. As all engines are different. A custom map is cutting the meat off the bone and tailoring it to your car specifically. Jamsports custom map is testiment to that statement.

It changes the car completely making the driveability incredible compared to that of a generic map that's made for a different setup.

That twinned with a timing issue, the car must feel like a rocket ship now.

All it took was it running correctly.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts