Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 2013 Fiesta ST a few days ago I'm very newbie to this stuff considering its my first car lol but I feel like I can squeeze more power out of it and I plan on getting a tune installed,but since where I live there's really no garages that do that kinda work, I have to do it myself.
Therefore, I'm looking for a tune like CP2 Peron Mountune etc. that work well with a stock car or at least a induction kit since that's how far my mechanical skills go in terms of doing my own mods, I'm currently inclined to the CP2 since I saw a forum post claiming it does work well on a stock car but I have no idea if I can do it myself and if the package provides enough tools for that.
Basically, I'm trying to get my fun for my buck in terms of mods and money lol, what would you guys recommend for a stock car.

Hope I was clear :) thank you

·
Registered
76 Posts
The best mods you can do first are the rear motor mount and the short shift kit.
Both are fairly cheap and make a noticeable difference to how the car feels.
If you want more induction noise stick on a cone filter kit.(you'll want one for when you tune it anyway.) Also make sure you have some really good tyres Michelin or Bridgestone not cheap crap. My advice is since it's your first car there should be loads of power there as it is, and in a few months when you know exactly what the car is capable of then you can start adding power.

·
Super Moderator
24,125 Posts
As its your first car, I have to say the first mods you can do are to yourself. Give yourself a decent amount of time as it is, just to get used to its nuances and also build your own driving competency before even thinking about extracting more power from it.

Only then would I consider modding it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As its your first car, I have to say the first mods you can do are to yourself. Give yourself a decent amount of time as it is, just to get used to its nuances and also build your own driving competency before even thinking about extracting more power from it.

Only then would I consider modding it.
Yeah, above anything i need to get driving experience if i want to see actual improvement on the way my car feels haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The best mods you can do first are the rear motor mount and the short shift kit.
Both are fairly cheap and make a noticeable difference to how the car feels.
If you want more induction noise stick on a cone filter kit.(you'll want one for when you tune it anyway.) Also make sure you have some really good tyres Michelin or Bridgestone not cheap crap. My advice is since it's your first car there should be loads of power there as it is, and in a few months when you know exactly what the car is capable of then you can start adding power.
i have seen posts about rear mount kit all over the place what is up with it, is it something that its naturally faulty from ford factory or smth?
about cone filter kits i have seen some videos of it a few days ago but it involved cutting hoses and stuff, do you recommend any?

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
What @AMc said ⬆ only with bells on!

Quite apart from the foolhardiness of combining new driver experience levels and boosting vehicle performance levels... if its your first car your insurance will already be monstrous.

Start telling them about performance modifications (which you have to do) and any money you spend on your car will be dwarfed by your increased premium.

The exuberance and impatience of youth is legendary. But you'll be driving for many many years so just enjoy your car as it is for now, build up your ability before building up the cars ability 👍🏻

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What @AMc said ⬆ only with bells on!

Quite apart from the foolhardiness of combining new driver experience levels and boosting vehicle performance levels... if its your first car your insurance will already be monstrous.

Start telling them about performance modifications (which you have to do) and any money you spend on your car will be dwarfed by your increased premium.

The exuberance and impatience of youth is legendary. But you'll be driving for many many years so just enjoy your car as it is for now, build up your ability before building up the cars ability 👍🏻
hey you’re only young and stupid once ahaha 😅

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
Collins CP2 would be my vote for the MK7. It was good without being too crazy and it also runs well on 95 octane petrol if you can't get 97/99 easily. I just ran mine with a panel filter and no other mods, was a nice upgrade and insurance didn't charge me much extra which was good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Collins CP2 would be my vote for the MK7. It was good without being too crazy and it also runs well on 95 octane petrol if you can't get 97/99 easily. I just ran mine with a panel filter and no other mods, was a nice upgrade and insurance didn't charge me much extra which was good.
Thank you for your comment and yes i’m def inclined to the CP2 with its stock car capability and claimed to have good mileage as well will probably get it in the next few coming days

·
Registered
33 Posts
Even with tons of driving experience it's best to get to know your new car first before you do anything. I'll be getting my Mk. 7 Fiesta ST next week, and although I've had tons of experience with both cars and motorcycles, with my previous car being a Mk. 3 Focus ST, I'll still be taking it easy to begin with, just so I can get used to its unique handling and power output. Only then will I start thinking about tuning. I'm not the sort to mess around, so it'll more than likely be a Revo RT330 putting out at least 330bhp. I think it's Pumabuild who "claims" to have a kit that can reach 400bhp, but I've heard they're not very good. I also don't want the risk of blowing the engine. For me between 330 and 350bhp will be more than enough, especially for such a little car like the Fiesta ST.

330HP IN A FIESTA?! 😱MK7 Fiesta ST - REVO RT330 REVIEW! - YouTube

Fiesta ST STAGE 4 Revo Turbo Full Review and Drive - YouTube

From what I can gather from watching those videos, the RT330 kit with big turbo turns the Fiesta ST into a little rocket ship, almost like a superbike on four wheels and a bodywork, which is exactly what I'll eventually want from the car. This is another thing I'll be getting for the car:

Fiesta ST180 With KMS Hurricane Exhaust - YouTube

Isn't it sweet? :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even with tons of driving experience it's best to get to know your new car first before you do anything. I'll be getting my Mk. 7 Fiesta ST next week, and although I've had tons of experience with both cars and motorcycles, with my previous car being a Mk. 3 Focus ST, I'll still be taking it easy to begin with, just so I can get used to its unique handling and power output. Only then will I start thinking about tuning. I'm not the sort to mess around, so it'll more than likely be a Revo RT330 putting out at least 330bhp. I think it's Pumabuild who "claims" to have a kit that can reach 400bhp, but I've heard they're not very good. I also don't want the risk of blowing the engine. For me between 330 and 350bhp will be more than enough, especially for such a little car like the Fiesta ST.

330HP IN A FIESTA?! 😱MK7 Fiesta ST - REVO RT330 REVIEW! - YouTube

Fiesta ST STAGE 4 Revo Turbo Full Review and Drive - YouTube

From what I can gather from watching those videos, the RT330 kit with big turbo turns the Fiesta ST into a little rocket ship, almost like a superbike on four wheels and a bodywork, which is exactly what I'll eventually want from the car. This is another thing I'll be getting for the car:

Fiesta ST180 With KMS Hurricane Exhaust - YouTube

Isn't it sweet? :cool:
400 HP JESUS haha ... and im here allready excited about my CP2 220 hps hahah

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently upgraded my 2016 ST180 MP215 w Mountune catback to CP2e, with Airtec FMIC, GFB DV+, ProHose big intake, RMM & short shifter. I think it optimised the potential this car had from the factory without even stressing any given oem limits, also dropped it 25mm and fitted 12.5mm ST DRX spacers, sits right now!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts