Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

After yesterdays update to our project car thread i promised id offer some more detail on our tuning packages

Stages 1 to 4 are complete , Stage 5 is just days away and what we expect to be our final stage ( 6 ) will be coming in the next few months

Ill give a little background first about the business for those of you that don't know us , our facilities and most importantly our aims and principles

So , JWR (or JW Racing) has been trading for some 15 years now , our involvement came a few years into the companies life when the original owner fell into debt and needed a get out , we took the company on and the owner worked for us until we found out he was using our wages to help set up a new business instead of concentrating on rebuilding the one he was already employed by!

To resurrect the ailing fortunes we decided to put all our efforts in the Ford tuning arena through JWR , this was around 2009/10 when the Mk2 Focus RS was a new car. We had one and along with joining the ST market as well (albeit 5 years after everyone else had started ) we became a well known figure in the tuning market place for those cars and continue to be a major figure with the newer models in the Focus range today!

in 2015 we bought an ST180 Fiesta with the same aims and although things started well we kinda got stuck part the way along , other projects taking priority , continued delays with our hopes for a software solution and then in 2017 a business relocation

So here we are in 2018 four years behind everyone else again :lmao:

It didn't stop us before so hopefully it wont this time either , our attention to detail and ensuring everything is done right is what takes us so long to reach our goals but when we get there we always have something to offer you guys

OK , so now we are upto date. Our chosen software path was long in the making but we finally chose to partner with our long term friends and business partners at CP (Collins Performance ) you will know all about them from their own postings , projects and products , I believe Wolfman is their voice on this forum! I was buying product from CP back in the 80's myself , ive worked with them as a private customer and as a business customer throughout our own 23 years of trading and know their ethics match ours in terms of wanting performance matched with reliability. If you like what they offer yuou will like what have also!

As a CP dealer we can offer any of their own packages built exactly to the same spec. you would get if you went direct to them but maybe for those of you in the southern half of the country we can save you a lot of travel time as you can visit our Luton workshops for you CP install.

We have our own dyno facility , its a hub dyno so does not operate the same as the CP rolling road but gives similar results when measurements have been compared so performance testing can be carried out much the same at both sites also

Now to our own packages , we have different staging levels to CP , although we use their software some of the stages have been built differently and the software in some cases is bespoke to our package so if you choose one of our packages you will not just be getting a CP package with a different label

Stage 1 is , well , to be fair Stage 1, this is an iFlash tool that we can install for you at our workshop or you can do yourself , price is the same either way. This stage will give 220-225hp. This stage will also adapt enough to allow you to install a cat back exhaust , intake kit and intercooler without having to change the software and see power increase a further 10 - 15hp

Stage 2 requires turbo back exhaust (ideally de cat), cold air intake , upgrade actuator , intercooler and iFlash and will give approx. 245hp , the tune is optimised from Stage 1 specifically for the addition of actuator and front pipe

Stage 3 requires all the parts from Stage 2 plus our Stage 1 hybrid turbo and turbo elbow , this will give you peak power in the region of 255-265hp

Stage 4 requires all the parts from Stage 3 plus our Stage 2 hybrid turbo , tubular exhaust manifold and intercooler pipe upgrade which will take you to 275-285hp

Click on the above stages to link to the website for more information and prices. You will note that our pricing on the above stages is based very much on specific product / brand usage , this is because the power figures we have reached are genuine for those specific products and being genuine on the power rather than just making numbers up to support advertising claims is how we prefer to work. Of course this combination of products may be more expensive than you are prepared to pay , maybe you already have some of the parts on your car and don't want to change or maybe you simply prefer other brands based on what you have investigated yourself.

This is the important bit , the package prices are the prices we are prepared to do those specific combination of parts for , so, when comparing with other tuner quotes at similar stages please bear that in mind , we are happy to quote on any stage of tune using any combination of products you prefer or will take into account items you already have. In those cases please feel free to email or private message us to get a bespoke quote to suit your specific needs :eek:riginal:

Stage 5 is nearing completion , this only has a change of turbocharger to our Stage 3 hybrid and a larger bore turbo elbow as well as some tweaks to the software , we expect this tune package to hit a genuine 300hp. As we have seen before some tuners claim as much as 330hp for similar set ups , if you want to put that number on the back of your car that's fine , if you want to put a real number on the back and know its genuine then this package may be the one for you!

Stage 6 will be a further turbo change but this will no longer be just internal mods to the standard unit it will be a complete change of turbo unit and software to match , at this stage we don't know where it will take us , but a minimum of 320hp is expected. Before anyone makes any assumptions or guesses , we tend to use different suppliers to most of our competitors , this is perhaps evident in some of the parts used in our packages. Many choose ITG for their air filter option , its a great filter kit and gives good results but we found the Injen kit just pipped it. We tried 4 different intercooler brands before choosing Pro Alloy , there wasn't much in any of them but none made more than the kit we stuck with. We don't use the same turbo builder as many other people , we don't call them fancy names either but they do perform as well as anything we have seen.

If you have any questions please let us know by PM or email ( [email protected] ) or even drop by and pay us a visit at our workshops and see what we can offer

Cheers everyone , thanks for taking the time to read our post

Jason :thumbsup:

·
Registered
436 Posts
So...just to be super clear (I know the answer already from our earlier messages, but for the benefit of maybe some other folks down my neck of the woods) you offer you own packages, BUT also customers can ask for any of the Collins Performance packages and have those done too?

·
Vendor
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So...just to be super clear (I know the answer already from our earlier messages, but for the benefit of maybe some other folks down my neck of the woods) you offer you own packages, BUT also customers can ask for any of the Collins Performance packages and have those done too?
Correct :thumbsup:

In effect you can have whatever combination of products you like , the software will always be CP (Collins Performance)

So you can ask for a CP Package and we will put together a kit identical to what CP offer so you get the same result , this is to assist people that want their packages but maybe live too far away to make the journey to Cheshire

We are conveniently located in Luton so quite central for all you southerners!

The packages listed on our website using our power claims are based on the combination of products we chose for our demo car after multi product testing. We feel , in the main we have put together some of the best products and brands. The software in some of those packages have been tweaked to suit our set up so will be a little different to a CP package

Finally you can ignore both if you wish and give us a spec sheet you want and build a package round the basics required for each level , picking the hardware brands you specifically want , the only constant is we will use the CP software we have for that level

hope that clears things up

cheers

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Let me correct you about "some other tuners who claim as much as 330 bhp" they actually deliver 330 bhp and the package is their work as is the software.

So until you write your own software you need to trade on your own merits, not the suggestion others exaggerate their own, especially when such hands feed you.

I genuinely wish you well in your own right, but don't try to under mine others unjustly.

·
Vendor
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let me correct you about "some other tuners who claim as much as 330 bhp" they actually deliver 330 bhp and the package is their work as is the software.

So until you write your own software you need to trade on your own merits, not the suggestion others exaggerate their own, especially when such hands feed you.

I genuinely wish you well in your own right, but don't try to under mine others unjustly.
Hi there,

im not about to get into a debate and send my thread off on a tangent it does not need to go on

I am happy to discuss your view in a PM if you wish to take it further

I will say a few things first though , you may have noticed my posts are not short , they are packed with information and that information is always researched and reliable , im way too old in the tooth to be lying so if I make a statement you can rely on the fact there is something somewhere to back it up

those that no us / me from the Focus ST/RS forums and here from my past dealings will attest to the above

now, in regard to the specifics referred to , of course I have mentioned no names so any comments you think I have made that you object to can only be assumptions as im referring to the collective tuning market as such and not one specific outlet

we have tried most of the major products in the market place , back to back on our in house dyno , regardless as to anyone's opinion of how high or low our dyno reads the facts we have seen show results proving certain items good and certain items not so good , it doesn't really matter the actual figure , said product has either proven better or worse than the previous product on the same car , dyno and test conditions

we were sensible enough to do the very same with the software as well to give all the brands the best chance possible , in fairness one brand of software did out perform the one we have ultimately chosen to support our packages , but only by 4 or 5hp , not by 20 , 25 or 30 which some lead us to believe is possible. We preferred the slightly lower result as the long term reliability and the suppliers past business with suited our needs more directly.

those results on our own car have been backed by a number of customers who have independently tested their cars not only on our dyno but others also and found they are not getting what is expected according to the adverts

ultimately I respect your opinion and your entitlement to air it , im also pleased for you if you are happy with your car , your software choice and your tuner but please don't 'correct' me when the information I am choosing to air is correct in the first place - in my opinion

I am always happy to continue testing new products both our own and from other suppliers and should there be a kit out there now that I haven't had the pleasure to test yet and its producing the claimed results ill be happy to back that claim and continue development of our own products to ensure we have a competitive package to run alongside it

of course its possible our dyno reads 30hp low on every car we test , if that's case everyone who leaves here with our 330hp kit will be chuffed when they get 330hp elsewhere :)

cheers

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Hi there,

im not about to get into a debate and send my thread off on a tangent it does not need to go on

I am happy to discuss your view in a PM if you wish to take it further

I will say a few things first though , you may have noticed my posts are not short , they are packed with information and that information is always researched and reliable , im way too old in the tooth to be lying so if I make a statement you can rely on the fact there is something somewhere to back it up

those that no us / me from the Focus ST/RS forums and here from my past dealings will attest to the above

now, in regard to the specifics referred to , of course I have mentioned no names so any comments you think I have made that you object to can only be assumptions as im referring to the collective tuning market as such and not one specific outlet

we have tried most of the major products in the market place , back to back on our in house dyno , regardless as to anyone's opinion of how high or low our dyno reads the facts we have seen show results proving certain items good and certain items not so good , it doesn't really matter the actual figure , said product has either proven better or worse than the previous product on the same car , dyno and test conditions

we were sensible enough to do the very same with the software as well to give all the brands the best chance possible , in fairness one brand of software did out perform the one we have ultimately chosen to support our packages , but only by 4 or 5hp , not by 20 , 25 or 30 which some lead us to believe is possible. We preferred the slightly lower result as the long term reliability and the suppliers past business with suited our needs more directly.

those results on our own car have been backed by a number of customers who have independently tested their cars not only on our dyno but others also and found they are not getting what is expected according to the adverts

ultimately I respect your opinion and your entitlement to air it , im also pleased for you if you are happy with your car , your software choice and your tuner but please don't 'correct' me when the information I am choosing to air is correct in the first place - in my opinion

I am always happy to continue testing new products both our own and from other suppliers and should there be a kit out there now that I haven't had the pleasure to test yet and its producing the claimed results ill be happy to back that claim and continue development of our own products to ensure we have a competitive package to run alongside it

of course its possible our dyno reads 30hp low on every car we test , if that's case everyone who leaves here with our 330hp kit will be chuffed when they get 330hp elsewhere :)

cheers

Its a tangent youd like to ignore, but one you took.

Ill happily let you see my dyno chart, the car is mapped for 97 Ron petrol and fitted with a sports cat so slightly down on the maximum figures of 330, instead its 318, as expected. No bull or manipulation, the dyno used I know is accurate, thus are the performance claims, and is the one you are referring to without naming.

Lengthy replies are no guarantee of content, your statement is incorrect. Hence stick to your own products not others!

No need to PM, this is a public forum.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Its a tangent youd like to ignore, but one you took.

Ill happily let you see my dyno chart, the car is mapped for 97 Ron petrol and fitted with a sports cat so slightly down on the maximum figures of 330, instead its 318, as expected. No bull or manipulation, the dyno used I know is accurate, thus are the performance claims, and is the one you are referring to without naming.

Lengthy replies are no guarantee of content, your statement is incorrect. Hence stick to your own products not others!

No need to PM, this is a public forum.

Thanks.
I think this discussion would be better suited in the general forum, not the sponsor area.

You'd likely get more evidence either way from owners.

·
Vendor
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
as mentioned ill give you the chance to move to PM , ill engtage directly with you

this thread is about our packages , the power they make on our dyno and compared fairly to other packages tested on the same dyno

any questions on the packages in question please feel free

cheers

·
Vendor
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sell products on their merit, not rubbishing others.....quite simple really.

Any way point made and understood by others.
all good , had a PM chat with K3FUS and hopefully we understand each other point better now

lets all move on , back on topic

ill have some pics of our latest turbo set up early next week and get some more numbers out after that

cheers

·
Registered
61 Posts
@jwr So would you fit collins cp2-e kit for the same price that they offer it on here?

NEW - Fiesta ST180 CP2-E upgrade package. +6 bhp/+8 lbft at Peak - +12bhp/+15 lbft from 3900-4300 rpm (based on independent CP2 base power data above)

CP Level 2-E software, CP Actuator, Airtec Stage 1 Intercooler, ITG Induction system, Mongoose 3" cat back Exhaust system - RRP £1,703.00 - Forum offer Price £1,599.00 inc vat and fitting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts