Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder (retired)
4,217 Posts
Hi all,

As the person that tries hard to develop an easy to navigate website, I'm always keen to find ways to improve things.

Over the course of the last few months, I've read numerous threads where someone is asking how to access something, or how someone didn't realise that feature existed.

I'm concerned that I either haven't done as good a job as I originally thought, or is it that people don't try and explore the website?

Font Rectangle Display device Darkness Window

You will see above a screenshot of the main menu bar and in the top right, your additional controls.

How many of you have hovered your mouse over those menu buttons to see what they show? How many of those have actually clicked on the link to see where it takes you?

Do you know, next to your name you can click on the drop down arrow to access more very useful settings:

Communication Device Portable communications device Screenshot Font Mobile device

Are you aware what these two icons are:

Asphalt Rectangle Automotive exterior Font Display device

The left one is your Personal Messenger, showing new messages, click on that to access your messages.

The 'bell' is your notifications, which is a quick message to let you know about things going on around the board:

Font Rectangle Communication Device Parallel Gadget

Do you know about the multiple settings on offer to you?

Rectangle Font Operating system Screenshot Electronic device

Have you explored the NOTIFICATIONS settings, where you can choose how and when the forums notify you of specific things?

Are you aware of the SYSTEMS menu which links you to features such as CHAT and GALLERY?

Did you know you have a CLIENT AREA? Accessed via the MY-STOC menu... it will provide access to any items you've purchased from us, orders placed and referral links

You will all now find a new option on the FORUMS drop down button:

Rectangle Font Automotive exterior Automotive tire Audio equipment

Clicking on this will take you to:

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

As you can see, it covers every section of the website, but defaults to the 'Forums' tab.

I have highlighted in yellow the drop down box which you will need to select in order to filter your results, then click on 'update'.

If the answer to any of the above are 'no', I would please ask you to spend just five minutes of your time to click on the links, see where they take you, change settings to fit your needs.

ANY questions please ask in this thread and I will do my best to answer them.

ANY feedback on what you think doesn't work and how it could be improved, please let me know.

Regards

Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I've had no problems round the site jim,think you have done a great job.

I'm on other forums and this is by far the best one for layout,detail and how everything is put together.

Works well for me

Cheers for your hard work!

Lee

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Very helpful information Jim,

I have not had any problems either and have to agree with Lee on how well the site is laid out and how it functions.

Top work again and will be useful for new members.

It might be an idea to place a site map for new comes in the introduction section if that is possible,

Thanks again.......

Chris

·
Founder (retired)
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Ben, I'm going to be dropping the Handbook system in place for a more organised forum structure... people don't use the handbook enough, so its not worth the additional cost or effort.

I'll have a look into the image re-size issue, albeit, another upgrade of the forum software is due Sept/Oct time, offering new features around that.

Chris, new members do (or should) get an intro personal message, outlining lots of the features etc... I will check its working and up to date.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts