Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wait until you hit a big pothole. I was worried the car would fall apart.

H&R for me was great at first, but I really dislike them now. Feeling every single bump has worn me down
The ride is on par with my old Golf R so I guess I'm used to it. I find they are quite progressive so you only really feel the bumps at low speed (15-20 mph) but once up and running and the dampers have a chance to work it's not too bad. Almost like stock just a bit stiffer.

·
Premium Member
2,259 Posts
The ride is on par with my old Golf R so I guess I'm used to it. I find they are quite progressive so you only really feel the bumps at low speed (15-20 mph) but once up and running and the dampers have a chance to work it's not too bad. Almost like stock just a bit stiffer.
I will be interested to compare the stock shocks and H&R springs to my new KW ST XTA coilovers between the hardest and softest damper.

To give credit to H&R, the springs are much better on track and I did also replace the upper bushings from the stock Ford ones to Powerflex ones, so I guess that also adds vibration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The grip already feels better. Feels much more planted and less likely to start wagging it's tail when your hard on the brakes. I'm going to try and get it on the ramp and sort the geometry out and give it a thorough test on some nice b-roads at the weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Yes it's a little stiffer over bumps but that is kinda the point of upgrading the springs.
Not everybody mate, in fact I upgraded my springs to achieve the exact opposite, I wanted car a tad softer over bumps without compromising handling, with the Pro-Kit Springs being progressive compared to stock being linear, I got what I wanted.

must admit 15mm front and 20mm rear looks pretty good!

How does it affect the handling? with a 30mm wider track front and 40mm wider track rear?

I was gonna go go 15mm front and rear or 10mm front and rear spacers. I was worried about being to wide or having rubbing issues, I like to drive pretty damn hard on some challenging B-Roads. (all in legal limits)
Re. spacers and handling initially I couldn't tell the difference, felt stock, but after a while I started to think I might have got slightly more grip, but that could be down to this nice weather we're having or just placebo.

Treeroy on here has Eibach Pro-Kit Springs and 25mm spacers all around and has rubbing, if I remember correctly rubbing is on the front.

With 20mm and 15mm I don't have any issues with stock/st200 et47.5 wheels.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have H&R with powerflex upper bushes and think they look absolutely amazing. But when you hit a hole, my god you dont half feel it haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Not everybody mate, in fact I upgraded my springs to achieve the exact opposite, I wanted car a tad softer over bumps without compromising handling, with the Pro-Kit Springs being progressive compared to stock being linear, I got what I wanted.
Pretty sure the H&R are a progressive spring, just a different spring rate. Eibach was my other option as I have run them in the past and they were good, just a little softer and as I'm going to be tracking the car I went H&R :)

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
Pretty sure the H&R are a progressive spring, just a different spring rate. Eibach was my other option as I have run them in the past and they were good, just a little softer and as I'm going to be tracking the car I went H&R :)
Horse for Courses :thumbsup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Another thumbs up for the eibachs. Fitted mine at the weekend and vastly improved the ride quality and appearance. £138 from Amazon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
That rules out H&R.

I was in same predicament a couple of years ago, I wanted to mellow out the ride slightly, I went for Eibach Pro Kit and they did exactly that.

Eibach Pro-Kit, Eibach Hubcentric Spacers, 20mm on rear and 15mm front with no rubbing.

View attachment 552599
If you don't mind me asking, how did you make the trim around the fog lights and the thin strip on the back bumper gloss black?

·
Premium Member
2,119 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, how did you make the trim around the fog lights and the thin strip on the back bumper gloss black?
On here a few years ago there was a guy who worked at a Ford dealer which sprayed them on an exchange basis.

Paintmodz is the guy nowadays, his spraying is 1st class, google will find him, he's also on FaceBook, insta etc

·
Registered
11 Posts
On here a few years ago there was a guy who worked at a Ford dealer which sprayed them on an exchange basis.

Paintmodz is the guy nowadays, his spraying is 1st class, google will find him, he's also on FaceBook, insta etc
I'll check them out, thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts

Yeah Adam was his name and he used to churn out fantastic work at excellent prices for a load of peeps on here. Shame he was based up north otherwise I would of definitely paid him a visit or two!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts