Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi had a quick google but still not clear. I'm getting my st lowered but dont want too much off a drop, ideally 20mm if possible, are there any lowering springs that are 20mm or 25mm. They most commonly seem to be -35mm but tbh dont want it that low, also same part numbers eem to be advertised as differant drops?. any links to items would be much appriciated.

many thanks

Stephen

·
Registered
120 Posts
Eibach Kit 35mm drop all round (Spring Only/Stock Dampers)
Bilstein B12 Kit 30mm drop all round (Spring + Dampers)
Coilovers fully adjustable, they range depending on the brand... but I think the minimum drop on all coilovers is 30mm.

Your choice really but 20mm is very little and wont look much different from stock, depends on the reason you want to get springs in the first place.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The Eibach Extra Low 35mm isn't an extreme drop, I didn't want my car looking 'slammed' but I wanted it to look smarter. Got these springs on and it's brilliant. No massive gaps between the wheel and the arch, doesn't look OTT and no 'skipping' round bounds.

Also agree with the above, 20mm you'll hardly notice. Maybe go with the eibach 30mm, I've heard they're not a true 30mm drop so they sit slightly higher than the Extra lows from Eibach and lower than the standard...

Jack

·
Registered
76 Posts
As said you wont see much of a difference if you go with 20mm, i have 35mm Eibachs (which are being exchanged for APs this weekend
) and i dont think its that low... i find them very practical and a nice ride tbh.. and anyway the standard ride height of an ST is HIGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
All you need is the eibach kit,35mm drop is perfect.

No scraping and sits just right.

I've had them for a few years and want coilovers but never got round to it.the car handles so flat,along with a White line arb it's sweet as!

Look in my project thread for pics.

20mm ain't worth spending out a few hundred quid on springs for no real change.

Trust me,get the normal hibachis and you will
Be happy.

Lee

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Im sure the first original Eiback Suspension Kit Is roughly a 20-25mm drop all round..?

Have a look around and see what you can find....

·
Registered
62 Posts
All you need is the eibach kit,35mm drop is perfect.

No scraping and sits just right.

I've had them for a few years and want coilovers but never got round to it.the car handles so flat,along with a White line arb it's sweet as!

Look in my project thread for pics.

20mm ain't worth spending out a few hundred quid on springs for no real change.

Trust me,get the normal hibachis and you will
Be happy.

Lee
deffo agree here ive just ordered 35mm eibach's my bro in law has these on his 500 and they look sweet mines look like a tank at the min when sitting beside it. not too low and the ride is a little firmer but comfortable cant wait to get mine on!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts