Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

MK8 "Performance Blue" here, i'm planning installing lowering springs and spacers on it, but I'd like to be sure tires won't rub against the arch on sharp corners before ordering ...

What i'm planning to order :

• Eibach Redline Special Edition Lowering Springs : 20-25mm lowering front / 25-30mm lowering rear
  • Eibach Pro 20 mm Spacers
Does any of you have a similar setup on that car, and can give its feedback ?

Thx a lot !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey,

I have the same springs and same size spacers on the rear. No rubbing to report and the car sits very nicely. (even ok with 2 passengers in the rear)

One problem I encountered with the spacers on the front, is that the original bolts on the hub were too long, and protruded through the spacer and made contact with the wheel.

You can file down the bolt but I just opted to take them off the front and only have them on the back.

I'm told the length of the bolts vary and some cars will be able to have them fitted with no filing needed.

Cheers

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Hey,

I have the same springs and same size spacers on the rear. No rubbing to report and the car sits very nicely. (even ok with 2 passengers in the rear)

One problem I encountered with the spacers on the front, is that the original bolts on the hub were too long, and protruded through the spacer and made contact with the wheel.
You can file down the bolt but I just opted to take them off the front and only have them on the back.

I'm told the length of the bolts vary and some cars will be able to have them fitted with no filing needed.

Cheers
Jack
Could you not just get shorter bolts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey,

Cheers

Jack
Thx a lot for your feedback ! Glad it doesn't rub !

I already heard about bolts needing to be filed, i'll see if it will be needed on mine...

Or maybe I could fit 25mm spacers ? Any increased chance of rubing ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thx a lot for your feedback ! Glad it doesn't rub !

I already heard about bolts needing to be filed, i'll see if it will be needed on mine...

Or maybe I could fit 25mm spacers ? Any increased chance of rubing ?
No worries, glad I could be of help :D

Honest answer wit the 25mm's is I have no idea unfortunately, I don't know anyone who is using them.

·
"Race Red Owner"
6,582 Posts
I think the issue is with the 15 mm spacers only , I had 15 mm all round and had to trim my bolts down 2 threads, re-beveled & filed smooth to an OEM finish afterwards to to be sure... but as far as I know 20mm spacers don't have that issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First step done : installed 20mm spacers yesterday !

The back axle went straightforward, but as ST3_Selwof stated, I had to file the screws for the front axle !

Not much, just about 1 mm, up to the beginning of the thread...

The car is actually getting the new springs fitted, i'll keep you informed of the result !

Here is a before and after spacers :

sHSEFDd.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is the final result !

VDgIew8.jpg

As front shocks had to be removed, I took the opportunity to add the Ford Performance strut tower brace bar (2 333 631).

I just did a first drive with this new setup, and it's so great ! I really love the new feeling in steering, and it stays much more flat in tight turns !

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Would love to see some more lowered pictures - looks great! Anyone got others they could share? :wub:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Apologies to drag up an old thread, just wondering how the car is going so far? Springs not overly hard? Im considering Eibach springs too, said to be force vectoring springs to keep the ST balance as its intended to from factory. I read other manufacturers dont offer this?

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
53 Posts
Gonna get those strut bar aswell (maybe the carbon look one), they gonna place them together with the lowering springs at dealership.

I wonder if u need extra hardware for those strut bar?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts