Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just joined up on here, basically had my st for a couple of years (57) plate and was going to leave it alone as being only 22 when i got it thought nahhh this is fine but now im used to it wanting a bit more out of it. eibach springs are the first change im going to make but after that I'm thinking some air-related changes like a K&N or mountune CAIS...but thats another story. I'm thinking at some point of having a miltek manifold fitted, but are there any do's/don'ts I should bear in mind and are there any other parts you should get with it? and what kind of thing works best with the rest of the exhaust? Im a carpenter so pretty much an outsider when it comes to this sort of thing, so looking for some tips!
Ta, tom

·
Registered
109 Posts
Depends how much money you have to spend in one go really.

Id go for a cat-back system first then get a de-cat /sports cat and mani next.

But if you have enough cash do it all in 1.

Induction would be first though if it was me.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I did cat-back first then a k&n, fairly soon after I got a manifold followed shortly after by a sports cat, as above if you can afford to do the exhaust as 1 I would it works out a few quid cheaper and you get a the hole gain in 1 go.
I wouldn't mix an match different makes of exhaust I have a miltek manifold and sports cat and it doesn't fit to my mongoose cat back so I had to get a custom centre pipe made.

Jamie

·
Registered
10 Posts
I fitted a k&n 57 i first its easy and cheap gets rid of the restricted are box too, i have since done the milltek manifold they are costly but are worth the money spoke to a guy at puma speed he reckoned the manifold was 20 + bhp alone because it removes the ford Ka flexi, found demon-tweeks the cheapest at £288 delivered.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Welcome to the club. After getting eibach springs fitted a K&N 57i would be a great cheap mod to let your car breathe better.

Then if you are limited on money you'd be better getting a milltek catback first. If not as said before buy the whole system which would be a better option and your car will sound and feel good bit quicker

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the club. After getting eibach springs fitted a K&N 57i would be a great cheap mod to let your car breathe better.

Then if you are limited on money you'd be better getting a milltek catback first. If not as said before buy the whole system which would be a better option and your car will sound and feel good bit quicker
Ta, yeah guess we'll have to see how the money plays out, been looking at a mountune CAIS too as im pretty sure that uses a K&N filter anyway...maybe im wrong there though. Exhaust-wise different people seem to be saying different things so maybe ill just get the bits for that as and when i can afford them then get the whole shebang fitted when it's all ready!
cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Cool, thanks for the tips!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts