Fiesta ST Forums banner
301 - 314 of 314 Posts

· Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #302 ·
Happy days! You got it fitted yet? Mine was an absolute swine but the fit was spot on in the end 👍
Not yet. Just waiting on some aluminium to turn up to mount the ecu to. Then I can get the car out for a drive to the unit to mock fit the spreader plates.
Once the cage is sat nicely and the plates are tacked in. They'll be getting welded in at a later date by a mate who is a structural welder.

The space in between tacking and welding will be used to cut sound deadening and carpet to fit around the plates.

If I didn't have a screw charger, the carpet wouldn't even be a consideration.

· Registered
330 Posts
Not yet. Just waiting on some aluminium to turn up to mount the ecu to. Then I can get the car out for a drive to the unit to mock fit the spreader plates.
Once the cage is sat nicely and the plates are tacked in. They'll be getting welded in at a later date by a mate who is a structural welder.

The space in between tacking and welding will be used to cut sound deadening and carpet to fit around the plates.

If I didn't have a screw charger, the carpet wouldn't even be a consideration.
Yeah that's fair enough. I used a Hole Saw to drill the clearance Holes for the captivated Nuts welded to the underside of the Spreader Plates. Cage is a great fit once installed.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #304 ·
Yeah that's fair enough. I used a Hole Saw to drill the clearance Holes for the captivated Nuts welded to the underside of the Spreader Plates. Cage is a great fit once installed.
I'll only have to do that on the rear inner arches, the front and middle plates have been revised so you don't have to drill anything.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Just a small update, the box section turned up fornthe ecu and datalogger mount.
Just spent an hour this evening cutting out a section either side to aid bolting it down to the exhaust tunnel.

Rectangle Wood Landscape Hardwood Concrete

Once cleaned up the gear cables will be running through the large open ends.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
So, a lot got done today.
A friend brought over a brand new Honda RRC inlet for his mk6 fiesta we K20 swapped back in 2019.
He plans on using an upgraded Tegiwa throttle body which means jumping from a 66mm to a 74mm throttle body.
So some heavy porting was needed.

Motor vehicle Saw Automotive tire Gas Engineering
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim Gas
Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine Nickel
Machine tool Engineering Gas Machine Auto part

He's very happy with the results.

Then was onto mine. 1st stop was having my friend do some bending for me in the form of drilling out the clutch pedal arm which supports the master cylinder lever. This was to fit an r clip and to prevent it ever sliding off (as they do).

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Engineering Metal

Next on the list was to seperate the shifter from the cables and pull on a new shifter cable gromit with LOADS of silicone spray.
Finished off the ecu mount and fixed it down.
Then checked cable clearance.
Loads of room, happy days.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Automotive exterior Machine

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Automotive design Automotive lighting

Office equipment Gas Auto part Electrical wiring Musical instrument

Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Gas

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #308 ·
So I finally got round to the cage fitting. Turns out... mine was made too big!
Thankfully I had a second cage to hand that was part of the same order... which FITS!

Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Car

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

So after speaking to Josh from JP, I got a ton of videos tonight that I'll send to him tomorrow, and i'll see what he suggests as far as rectifying it.

· Administrator
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift ), 2005, MK6 zetec S
1,464 Posts
So I finally got round to the cage fitting. Turns out... mine was made too big!
Thankfully I had a second cage to hand that was part of the same order... which FITS!

View attachment 591031
View attachment 591030

So after speaking to Josh from JP, I got a ton of videos tonight that I'll send to him tomorrow, and i'll see what he suggests as far as rectifying it.
That looks fantastic :cool:

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #310 ·
A little update. Josh got back to me regarding the videos I sent him.
He agrees it's very wrong and has offered to send me a replacement cage.
Which... is awesome. I thought it'd be like getting blood from a stone, but he's been a really decent guy, which speaks volumes for JP as a whole in my books.

Anyway, the old cage is all packed up and awaits the courier.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Hood Automotive design

· Administrator
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift ), 2005, MK6 zetec S
1,464 Posts
A little update. Josh got back to me regarding the videos I sent him.
He agrees it's very wrong and has offered to send me a replacement cage.
Which... is awesome. I thought it'd be like getting blood from a stone, but he's been a really decent guy, which speaks volumes for JP as a whole in my books.

Anyway, the old cage is all packed up and awaits the courier.

View attachment 591085
Absolutly, its one thing dealing with suppliers when everythying is ok, its the effort they take in rectifying problems that really makes a difference :cool:

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #313 ·
Happy Days! Josh is fantastic was a great help with mine. Yellow looks great. I almost went with the Fluro Green for mine but went with Grey in the end.
Oh the yellow one isn't mine. Its for another car we have in. I'm not a fan. The replacement will be silver and won't have the A pillar FIA door bars.

· Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
So got a bit done this afternoon, finally a more appropriate seating position and the rear baseplate mounting points helicoiled.
Call me safety man.

Bicycle part Bumper Tool Automotive exterior Font

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

301 - 314 of 314 Posts