Fiesta ST Forums banner
81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Quick update. I'm now running a 2 speed fan again. Have just been prepping for Cadwell on the 27th (next Tuesday) for the big mk6 fiesta track day.
I now have 2 bucket seats so my passengers aren't enduring a slip and slide on a full leather oem seat.
Sadly no pictures to follow up with. But I will likely update after Cadwell Park with some tasty pictures and maybe videos.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Had a little mess around tonight with the ecu software. Made a copy of my current file and have lowered the static rpm limit to 4k rpm and have titled it sound check.
This is due to scraping through a sound check recently by the skin of my teeth.
I noticed others with lower static rpm limits being waved through without a test.

My thought process is, load up this file before sound check, swap back over to current file after.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
So! Cadwell was a blast. Great track. Great bunch of people there. Good vibes.
Car went really well. 15-20minute stints and the car wouldn't see above 94 degrees, and seeing 89 on straights and fast corners! Oil temps were spot on at 100 across the board.

The only issue was oil pressure dropping on hard right handers causing the ecu to cut for 5 seconds due to oil starvation.

It is 100% to do with the ARC sump baffle I'm using, its the 1st gen aluminium baffle that had an issue with the baffle window on the pickup side breaking, so to alleviate that I cut it off just to get the car up and running with some sort of baffle in place.

I have a new steel ARC sump baffle on order. But until that arrives I'm having some family time.

Here's a few pics of the day.

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
166 Posts
Hi Marv, looks like u had a great time (y)
Hope u'll forgive my ignorance, can understand what u said about the sump causing the engine to starve of oil, but I don't understand why would the ecu cut ( please don't think for a minute im doubting anything u say) but ecu is electrical, wheres the tie between oil feed and ecu ?
( This is the point Marv attempts to educate - lol )

81 - 87 of 87 Posts