101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
314 Posts
Hi Marv.

Can you ask the owner of this

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Tire

If theyve got any pics of the vents from under bonnet, cause i'm thinking of doing it but dont want to destroy the bonnet, cheers

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
Was the oil starvation caused by the baffle itself, or was it because of the modifications needed because of the wrong pick up and then it was like having no baffles at all. Just curious, Im reading it both ways.
Do you / have you every experienced oil starvation on the road, or is it only on the extremes at the track?
After using Jamsport in the past, im surprised the even have a following! At least problem was found and its all sorted now.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Was the oil starvation caused by the baffle itself, or was it because of the modifications needed because of the wrong pick up and then it was like having no baffles at all. Just curious, Im reading it both ways.
Do you / have you every experienced oil starvation on the road, or is it only on the extremes at the track?
After using Jamsport in the past, im surprised the even have a following! At least problem was found and its all sorted now.
It was likely caused by the wrong pickup pipe AND having to cut away an entire gate on the arc sump baffle, rendering it only 50% effective. I get it constantly on track and occasionally on road. If I was running the oem ecu I wouldn't know any better and would have been putting the engine under load with no oil in the pump. Not to mention if I was running the oem baffle.

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
So, busy day today. Hole sawed the front suspension turrets to 70mm to suit the new BC BR coilovers. The old BC V1s are now surplus to requirement and may end up on my purple Ford fusion (daddy wagon).

New disks, pads, braided lines and rbf600 fluid on a mk8 ST.

And finished cutting out the splitter for a mates track car.
The photo highlights its capabilities pretty well I think haha.

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Okay, so... I'm currently chasing an air leak, front end got stripped down this evening. Inlet off. 2 sheered inlet bolts drilled and extracted. Threads cleaned up. Parts list tallyed up and ordered.
All before the rain came.

The inlet bolts used were stainless, which obviously isn't ideal in an ali head, but it's all I had that was semi presentable at the time.
Ill be replacing them with yellow zinc plated High tensile mild steel bolts.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

Musical instrument Reed instrument Motor vehicle Woodwind instrument Gas

Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Fluid

101 - 107 of 107 Posts