Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new PS5 tyres have been released. The price on Demon Tweeks for 205/40/18 is £150.94, 205/40/17 is £113.40 and 225/40/18 is £106.63 (all including vat).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Interesting.
Any idea how they compare construction and compound wise to pilot super sports or the 4 currently fitted to ST,s.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Interesting, thanks.
Annoying that the correct size for 18s is considerably more than the 205.

Will miss my 17s in future.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I’m contemplating getting the 225’s to replace my 205’s but not sure how they’ll be with my car lowered on Eibach Redline Pro’s! 🤔

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Interesting.
Any idea how they compare construction and compound wise to pilot super sports or the 4 currently fitted to ST,s.
What @ZoSo asked, plus, and forgive a silly question but will these replace the 4's or will be available in addition to the 4's please?

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What @ZoSo asked, plus, and forgive a silly question but will these replace the 4's or will be available in addition to the 4's please?
I don't know any other details and have not seen any reviews. I would guess that they will replace the 4's and will probably stop making them.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I’m contemplating getting the 225’s to replace my 205’s but not sure how they’ll be with my car lowered on Eibach Redline Pro’s! 🤔
[/QUOTE)
Not sure if being lowered would cause any rubbing but it might be a problem if you have got mudflaps. I definitely prefer the stretched look of the 205's but it is crazy how much more they cost.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Not sure if being lowered would cause any rubbing but it might be a problem if you have got mudflaps. I definitely prefer the stretched look of the 205's but it is crazy how much more they cost.
Rubbing is my worry mate and I do have the Ford mudflaps but a set of 4 PS4’s is a £200 saving over a set of 4 205’s! 😩

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rubbing is my worry mate and I do have the Ford mudflaps but a set of 4 PS4’s is a £200 saving over a set of 4 205’s! 😩
Funnily enough someone has just asked about 225's on Facebook and the replies are that a 20mm drop is fine with no rubbing. I think the Ford mudflaps would be ok but Rallyflapzs can be an issue. You should have jumped in when those Supersports were available for that week some time ago 😰, i have still got 6 in the loft 😄

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting, thanks.
Annoying that the correct size for 18s is considerably more than the 205.

Will miss my 17s in future.
The 17" Ford Performance wheels would look really nice on a white ST.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Funnily enough someone has just asked about 225's on Facebook and the replies are that a 20mm drop is fine with no rubbing. I think the Ford mudflaps would be ok but Rallyflapzs can be an issue. You should have jumped in when those Supersports were available for that week some time ago 😰, i have still got 6 in the loft 😄
Yes, I think I remember it was you that stole those remaining SS’s 🤣🤣

·
Registered
177 Posts
The new PS5 tyres have been released. The price on Demon Tweeks for 205/40/18 is £150.94, 205/40/17 is £113.40 and 225/40/18 is £106.63 (all including vat).
Cheers for the info, weirdly you have listed the tyre sizes for every car my household 😂😅 so this is actually really useful. I checked against the price of a pilot sport 4s and in 225/40/18 the 4s is £169

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Ive got 4 in the shed! wish id bought another set though

·
Premium Member
1,008 Posts
Every other post on Facebook is about tyres. 😆

1 - 17 of 17 Posts