Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what sort of mileage the super charged ST's are. Would love to get mine charged but is there a point where it's worth not doing anymore or to change for a lower mileage engine to fit the supercharger on?

Or is this something you can fit on any sort of mileage? I know obviously the higher the mileage the more likely the problems etc.

Just think it would be interesting to see or know.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I was at 328bhp with standard internals and it was fine
...just don't red line it everywhere and it's healthy!

I was at 29,000miles

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
anything below 250bhp and you'll be ok with what you have now I imagine. All depends how the car has been treated as well

·
Registered
600 Posts
i got mine supercharged when it had less than 16k on the clock

i got it to about 22k then rebuilt the engine 3k miles later my crank pulley broke

but i never had any problems with the engine

if i were you i would buy a low millage engine and fit that then supercharge it because then you can sell your higher millage engine and dont need to worry about it going bang

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my engine isn't on massively high miles at the moment, currently on 38k. But I don't have the money to do anything yet, I understand that doing it on a lower mileage engine would cause less problems but again it's more expensive to do due to the conversion etc? but maybe that's a small price to pay to prevent it from going bang.

Just wondered if say at 50k or something it would be stupid to do but doesn't sound like it unless I was going figure mad?

Thanks for the responses so far.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
If your engine has had a easy ish life and been regular servicing then 38k is fine.there has been a few with over 300bhp with more miles on it running fine but they are pampered cars I.e oil/oil filters every 3k warmed up and down right not bounced off the limiter..

That's what kills these cars,the rev limiter being smashed.

Mine was charged at 16k made 306hp,run that for 11ish months fine then boosted it to 333hp and run it since.now it's on 23k.

It's all down to how you treat it.these engines ARE good for 330bhp that's the limit so 230/250 is mega safe.if you had 230bhp I wouldn't bother charging your car.no point,if you around 250/280 in that area then go for it.have your rev limiter set for 6,500 and you will be fine.

I've seen plenty of these getting charged at 50k and being ok.it's the owner and how you treat it.

Mines had another oil change today,buy I use mine hard to I have to.mines been so reliable I love it.best car I've ever had.

Lee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked it up on 30k so can't really comment on how it was treated before. It's had 4 services by Ford I believe.

I had a bit of fun when I first got it but barely get anywhere near the rev limiter any more, only on odd occasions.

Would love 250ish... been looking at other cars recently like the focus st, r26 etc but think if I could i'd probably rather charge mine, got some thinking to do to make sure it's the right decision though!

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Precisely my reasonings, it's more fun to drive as well due to the fact I have traction in every gear

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What have you got to get it to 244?

I'd be happy with that figure, 250bhp in a little fiesta is enough

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
I have stage 2.5 SC kit and a big bore exhaust. 244bhp and 202lbs of torque. Honestly could not recommend it enough

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
No the K&N gets replaced by the supercharger and boost pipes etc. I have a standard TB that came with the car and the big bore exhaust is Manifold, Sports Cat and Catback, brand new the parts would cost about £4,800 or so but i'm sure there are deals to be had. Bits and pieces usually pop up all the time

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
wouldn't bother unless you have the money to rebuild your engine.

There's a few people on here which have been lucky in terms of their engines, but also alot that have gone pop. Including my old one

1 - 20 of 72 Posts