Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ello .... just wanted some advice as in the title im going to purchase a milltek decat this weekend hopefully and only thing that is niggling at me is the mil light that will appear due to replacing the cat....

i looked into mil eliminators but found on here people have had mixed results ... and i dont wont to get the car remapped yet as still want a few more mods to get the most out of a remap...

i decided to give Ford a ring out of curosity and they said that they could hook it up to diagnostics and cancell it for 37.95 plus vat ... i didnt think this was to bad considering

does anyone else have any views or advice on this / think this is a good way around the issue

any advice much aprriciated cheers ...

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Ello .... just wanted some advice as in the title im going to purchase a milltek decat this weekend hopefully and only thing that is niggling at me is the mil light that will appear due to replacing the cat....

i looked into mil eliminators but found on here people have had mixed results ... and i dont wont to get the car remapped yet as still want a few more mods to get the most out of a remap...

i decided to give Ford a ring out of curosity and they said that they could hook it up to diagnostics and cancell it for 37.95 plus vat ... i didnt think this was to bad considering

does anyone else have any views or advice on this / think this is a good way around the issue

i think if they cancel it, the light will come back on as the the problem will still be there. i may be wrong though

Matt

·
Registered
59 Posts
i got a remap from AMD for £150 if i bought the full system from them and i got free fitting so full system and remap for jst over 900 quid

·
Registered
122 Posts

DONT TAKE TO FORD lol you can cancel it but when you drive the car hard it will come back on i work in a garage< and have a de cat pipe wen i plugged it into (ids) for diagnostic machine it went then came bak lol

What you can do is space the lambda sensor owt using a couple of washers this will pull the sensor away from the main stream of exhaust gas a teatcher who done my training told me this he was a master tech befor doing ford teatching

some people may disagree but the bloke who told me is
hot so may be wrth doin the light dnt bother me and dnt do no harm lol
hope this helps Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts