Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey just wondering if anyone knows whether or not I can fit a piper manifold and sports cat onto a mountune cat back?? is it possible or would it mean cutting parts etc? thanks in advance

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Few things to consider.

Bore size,where the exhaust parts on both systems join to see if they line up.

I'm sure the mountune manifold and other manifolds are different...

I could be wrong

Lee

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am also not 100percent. But think Lee could be right.

I cannot see the piper mani and cat fitting the rest of the system. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
As above... I currently have the Milltek Evo mani and a Piper cat back to a standard Cat which obviously will fit but I'm currently trying to find out weather the Milltek sports cat would bridge the gap.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
i had a piper manifold with blueflame exhaust and sports cat

i think most manifolds will fit to the original cat and all exhausts with sports cat / decat fit to the original flexi
i wouldnt of thought it would be that much of a problem
the main thing as already said is the bore size

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
From what i know.

Fact:
Milltek and Piper Manifolds attach in the same way as a standard manifold, So you could have a Piper manifold with a Miltek full exhaust or a standard exhaust.

Piper and Miltek Sports cats/decats are different lengths and bore sizes (ID: 55 Piper, 57Miltek), so will ONLY fit there own Catback. But as said above a Piper sportscat and catback can fit onto a Miltek Manifold fine, or vice versa.

Mountune Catback center piper (S pipe) is MUCH shorter than Milteks or Pipers so will not fit either system.

Im not 100% sure on:
Mongoose generally have a solid Manifold without a flexi, unlike all the others. The flexi pipe section is attached to the Sportscat or decat. Mongoose catbacks i *THINK* are the same length as the Mountune one, so i think a Mongoose manifold and sports cat will fit a Mountune catback. Dont quote me on this though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts