Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
I guess Ford is not the only company with so many delivery problems...

Choosing another brand will give u the same sh*t

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
104 Posts
I placed an order for an ST3 5 Door in Magnetic with the Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, B&O System and the ST Spare Wheel in January 2022. I was told that the estimated delivery date was the end of April 2022.

The dealer called at the start of April and said it would be with them at the end of the month. April came and went and no car arrived.

They called again in May and June saying the war in Ukraine was causing parts issues as some components were made there. Two weeks ago they called me again to say it should be built in August.

Since then I've seen the reports of changes to specification which I raised with the dealer and they couldn't confirm if I'd get the specification that I ordered.

I then came to the hard decision that I'd cancel my order given the delays and they couldn't confirm if I'd get specification that I originally ordered. The dealer understood why I was cancelling and said that they were now "estimating a build date of December 2022, if they have enough bits".
For any of the stuff that's been removed since your original order, Ford are still honouring that at no extra cost.

At least that's what I've been told!

I'm still getting my digital dash and Sync 3 Nav.

Those that ordered before Mk8.5 are stll getting their B&O and heated seats.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can we try not to use a derogatory term for German people!
Fair enough but no offence intended. Here in Australia we lay sh*t on eachother good-naturedly based on our heritage / where we come from and it's mostly welcomed. I was born in New Zealand so I should know :ROFLMAO:. Anyway back on topic, don't wanna see this thread locked down like the other as it was really helpful for me.

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
That's a real shame, u need to pay extra for something that's not your fault...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
That's a real shame, u need to pay extra for something that's not your fault...
Indeed.

They should behave better but then they do have folk over a barrel now. They know they'll sell whatever they make, and probably for more than the original orders were worth to them.

Plus, the ST3 is worth the extra so its not a complete urine-take.

Hope you can make the stretch to get one @BloodMage87 👍🏻

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just had my monthly update from my dealer which said that Ford are promising delivery of all preordered ST's in September...... Yay

He also suggested I take that with a huge pinch of salt... Boo

If the delivery spec of the car that i ordered changes once again to my detriment I'm sacking the order. Yes I know Ford don't care but hey :rolleyes:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just had my monthly update from my dealer which said that Ford are promising delivery of all preordered ST's in September...... Yay

He also suggested I take that with a huge pinch of salt... Boo

If the delivery spec of the car that i ordered changes once again to my detriment I'm sacking the order. Yes I know Ford don't care but hey :rolleyes:
I would 100% take that with a pinch of salt. Ordered Dec 21 and my build was August 31st. No chance they'll build and deliver it within 4 weeks. My ETA was Mid October to dealer.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST2 MK 8.5 waiting
105 Posts
Indeed.

They should behave better but then they do have folk over a barrel now. They know they'll sell whatever they make, and probably for more than the original orders were worth to them.

Plus, the ST3 is worth the extra so its not a complete urine-take.

Hope you can make the stretch to get one @BloodMage87 👍🏻
they came to me with a deal. a canceled order. st2 3door frozen white with performance pack
i signed the papers and i am collecting in a few days
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all, i managed to get onto an existing allocation at the start of March 2022. We only get one spec in Australia which is the equivalent of ST-3 with every box ticked. Was originally given a delivery date of Late Q3 or Q4 2022.

I was surprised a couple months ago when my dealer told me he had a delivery date of September 10, even more surprised after he called me today and told me the car is supposed to be arriving at dealer in a couple weeks

Am quite happy i didn't cancel my order after the factory stuffed and forgot to install the B&O sound system, as the FiST will no longer be sold in Australia after the last few orders have been delivered,

Will be a rare site to see another in the wild

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hello all, i managed to get onto an existing allocation at the start of March 2022. We only get one spec in Australia which is the equivalent of ST-3 with every box ticked. Was originally given a delivery date of Late Q3 or Q4 2022.

I was surprised a couple months ago when my dealer told me he had a delivery date of September 10, even more surprised after he called me today and told me the car is supposed to be arriving at dealer in a couple weeks

Am quite happy i didn't cancel my order after the factory stuffed and forgot to install the B&O sound system, as the FiST will no longer be sold in Australia after the last few orders have been delivered,

Will be a rare site to see another in the wild
Is it a mean green? I think 99% are green in the UK, 😆

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
104 Posts
Well I have had a text to Confirm my ST I ordered 05/06/2021 has been built and left the factory. I was one of the 1st of August reopen builds so looks like the factory is up and running again guys! Anyone else waiting I would check in with your dealer if you have been given same build date. Week ending the 27th it should be at dealer :)
That's great news! Gives the rest of us a bit of hope...

You'll almost certainly want to wait until the 1st September for collection then?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts