Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Administrator
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift ), 2005, MK6 zetec S
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I did a search earlier for pre facelift dash removal and found nothing, so I'm hoping post facelift will be "similar"
Is there any info you can give about geting the dash out, I need to access the dash vents and do a bit if wiring mods
@Marv_st, I know you got your post face lift dash out, any chance of a breif run down ?
THx
Al

· Registered
435 Posts
It's bolted down each side of the A Pillars, if you open the doors you'll easily see where. And is then bolted down also round the gear / HVAC centre console area. There's the odd sneaky bolt behind the glovebox too.

Removing the steering wheel is pretty much a necessity if you want to take the whole thing out.

· Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
751 Posts
The pre face dash is different.

But for the facelift.
You have 3 bolts on each side of the very outer edge.
Then you have 2 screws behind the heated screen and esp buttons to remove the centre facia.
Then once the radios out there are more bolts behind there that fix the centre section to the metal framework that runs from the dash bar to the floor.
Then there's also a bolt behind the clocks.

Once you get that far, give everything a wiggle and see what isn't moving, as no doubt I've missed some.

As far as a pre face dash... no idea. I've only ever removed them with pry bars and recip saws when breaking a car. As the pfl dash's don't sell.

· Administrator
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift ), 2005, MK6 zetec S
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's bolted down each side of the A Pillars, if you open the doors you'll easily see where. And is then bolted down also round the gear / HVAC centre console area. There's the odd sneaky bolt behind the glovebox too.

Removing the steering wheel is pretty much a necessity if you want to take the whole thing out.
Hi Vulpes,
cheers, getting a bit confused by the workshop manual
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Software

In 3, it says i need to detach the airbag upper clips ( stereing wheel removed ) so is it a case of pushing the srew driver in from each side between the steering wheel and the bottom plate ?
Then the wheel should pull forward and upwards ?
thx
Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts