Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I know nothing about wheels ( apart from they are roundish )

Well, I thought I'd struck lucky when I won these on ebay :

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Hubcap

Second hand set of team dynamic monzas ( E38 100x4 ) = £80, yay..... wanted to fit on my ST ( but its off the road -atm) so came up with a cunning plan to get two wheels fitted with michelin pilot sport 4s and fit to my zetec s (mk6) to check out how they fitted ( I had fitted the loose rims to the ST in the air and they looked too wide )
anyway fitted to the zetec ( I was hoping the geometry would be the same as the ST ) if this is not the case please let me know, but they are aweful.... they are too wide ( come out about 15mm proud of the arches on the zetec ( which isn't lowered ) so on my ST which is lowered 30mm they would be a non starter

So, I'm on the hunt for new wheels, I like the look of the team dynamic thin spokes

Found a few options

Brock 24
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Alloy wheel

RC Design RC18s

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hubcap

Vola VSTs

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hubcap Tread

Bearing in mind the style of wheel I like, are any of the above any good or are therer better options ?

Many thanks

Al

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
100x4 ? is that the PCD (wheel stud pattern) ? if so I thought MK6 Fiesta PCD are 4x108
Hi Darran,

Yeah sorry, the team dyamics were 4x100/108.
I'm still puzzled though as been trawling through loads of wheels that say they fit the ST and many are ET38, wouldn't they stick out the same amount as the team dymics ( which is tooo far ) ?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Hi Darran,

Yeah sorry, the team dyamics were 4x100/108.
I'm still puzzled though as been trawling through loads of wheels that say they fit the ST and many are ET38, wouldn't they stick out the same amount as the team dymics ( which is tooo far ) ?
To be honest Alan I don't know much about the MK6 Fiestas, without searching I don't know the offset of the stock wheel to work out how far a wheel of ET38 will poke out more, but yep if those wheels are ET38 they will stick out the same as any other wheel with ET38 IF the width is the same, maybe those you bought are wider?

Basically the lower the ET (offset) the more the wheel will stick out, so ET38 will stick out 10mm more than a wheel with ET48 if both wheels are the same width.

I'm sure one of the MK6 lads will point you in right direction.

edit: this site is handy if you know the exact spec of your current wheels/tyres, you can punch in the spec of any other wheel/tyre combo and the site will tell you the difference:

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
St150 wheels look great...have you thought of those :unsure:
Hi tcg,

I've currently got 10 standard ST wheels, 5 refurbed, 5 not... I like the OEM wheels but prefer the multi spokes.
Acording to a few sites ive found OEM wheels are ET45. which means the team dynamics should only stick out 7mm further than OEM wheels.
They don't feel great on the car, am I making a boo boo only fitting them to the front ?
Would the car feel better with them on the back as well ?

Other option, am I wasting my time checking these wheels out on a zetec S ?
I don't know if the geometry is the same as an ST

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To be honest Alan I don't know much about the MK6 Fiestas, without searching I don't know the offset of the stock wheel to work out how far a wheel of ET38 will poke out more, but yep if those wheels are ET38 they will stick out the same as any other wheel with ET38 IF the width is the same, maybe those you bought are wider?

Basically the lower the ET (offset) the more the wheel will stick out, so ET38 will stick out 10mm more than a wheel with ET48 if both wheels are the same width.

I'm sure one of the MK6 lads will point you in right direction.

edit: this site is handy if you know the exact spec of your current wheels/tyres, you can punch in the spec of any other wheel/tyre combo and the site will tell you the difference:

Hi Darrran,

Thats a cool site, put the details in and as I suspected it said my team dynamics will come out 7mm wider than the OEM wheels, which aint a great deal,
I've got some more tyres on OEM wheels, so think I'll get them fitted to the TD rims, put them on the back and see how the car feels with all 4 done.
The tyre place only wanted £20 to swap the tyres so its not a great deal of outlay.
I think its worth the outlay as i really like these wheels
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

I know they don't look great on a zetec but the ST has 300mm discs so should look better

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi All,

Some good news, I took the car to the MOT place to check out the wheels.
Apparently the legislation referes to the rim / outer edge of tyre, which must not encroach further than the wheel arch, mine don't.
As you can see from the picture the ribs are curved so the hub part of the wheel sits about 15mm further out than the rim, hence my concern, but all good (y)
So I'm going to fit the lowering springs, check clearances again and then if all still ok get these refurbished.
£300 for a refurb sounds better than a new set of wheels 😁

·
Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
694 Posts
Hi All,

Some good news, I took the car to the MOT place to check out the wheels.
Apparently the legislation referes to the rim / outer edge of tyre, which must not encroach further than the wheel arch, mine don't.
As you can see from the picture the ribs are curved so the hub part of the wheel sits about 15mm further out than the rim, hence my concern, but all good (y)
So I'm going to fit the lowering springs, check clearances again and then if all still ok get these refurbished.
£300 for a refurb sounds better than a new set of wheels 😁
They're a brand of wheel that's worth refurbing. Strong and light.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All,

Got some "new" wheels off fleabay, off to Rochester on Sat to pick up. £300 with only 50 miles on them so not bad

Wheel Automotive tire Locking hubs Tread Hubcap

Gonna fit to the zetec until the ST is back up and running, then i've got the choice of the team dynamics or these or OEM, I had really wanted wheels that accepted full size centre cap ( to hide the locking wheel nuts that dont look that pretty )
Got a set of team dynamics centre caps, if they fit these wheels, I will spray up to match, if not I'm on the look out for loking wheel nuts that don't look horrible

Any ideas ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts