Fiesta ST Forums banner
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2005 mk6 Fiesta ST
2,324 Posts
Coolant bottle is a good point actually as more of these are failing now and they're pricey compared to other Fiestas. It would be worth checking the condition on a potential buy to factor in for future repairs.

I've only ever had a few parts fail: coolant bottle, alternator (also expensive), spring snapped (fixed by lowering) and a plastic gear in the window motor (standard Fiesta part)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Coolant bottle is a good point actually as more of these are failing now and they're pricey compared to other Fiestas. It would be worth checking the condition on a potential buy to factor in for future repairs.

I've only ever had a few parts fail: coolant bottle, alternator (also expensive), spring snapped (fixed by lowering) and a plastic gear in the window motor (standard Fiesta part)
Yeah I've been warned about the coolant bottle as well, didn't know about the alternator though! I've also started pricing general parts whilst on my search for the right car. Don't seem too expensive either for the more common issues!

·
Super Moderator
24,219 Posts

Ha yeah, my window cog went the day before a drive to Cornwall for a holiday... Luckily a local garage could get the part next day first thing in the morning.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Well I really appreciate everyone’s insights and thoughts on the dilemma I was in. I’ve officially decided to go for the ST, so it’s just a matter of finding one now, will certainly make a post when I do :) a very welcome response as a newcomer to this forum as well, so thank you!

So with that, if anyone knows someone selling one near the North East England area, let me know!:LOL:

·
Registered
2008 Fiesta ST150 Track car
570 Posts
Might be worth putting a wanted add in the classifieds section.

Also, once you get one, make yourself a 'build thread' in 'custom|unique project work' section.
Just a space for you to share what you're doing with your car and how you're getting on.

As naturally... you WILL modify it.

Reactions: alan ST Bentley

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Might be worth putting a wanted add in the classifieds section.

Also, once you get one, make yourself a 'build thread' in 'custom|unique project work' section.
Just a space for you to share what you're doing with your car and how you're getting on.

As naturally... you WILL modify it.
Spot on mate I will do! I would more than likely document it on YouTube like I did with my Type R as well, but for sure want to create a thread in here to share with like minded people :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The MK6.5 ST is a great car. The fairly high tax and not great fuel economy, was what made me change mine for a MK7.5 ST though. I would typically get 22-24mpg on my work commute. And the tax was around £250 at the time. I would 100% have another one though :)
Yeah I looked into a 7.5 last year but were just a bit over my budget, work commute for me has reduced significantly and the tax band over the ZS is a small increase. Provided I don't go crazy everywhere I shouldn't have too many issues with fuel economy from what this thread has told me!

·
Registered
394 Posts
The MK6.5 ST is a great car. The fairly high tax and not great fuel economy, was what made me change mine for a MK7.5 ST though. I would typically get 22-24mpg on my work commute. And the tax was around £250 at the time. I would 100% have another one though :)
That’s interesting I’ve had both for a long time

The mk7 ST is more efficent but my average was 37.7mpg vs 37.1mpg for mk6. I did cruise at a quicker speed in the mk7 though 75mph vs 70mph for the mk6. Also I saw more 40mpg but conversely I had lower MPGs as well, more variable on the mk7. Depends if you used the 200bhp often or not. Turbo off boost is good on mpg, turbo on boost uses more fuel.

Let’s not get into the dream debate of a mk6 with 6 speed though 😂🤣

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

White Azure Rectangle Font Line

41 - 54 of 54 Posts